• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homer derby

Cooter

Heard the lefties have an advantage tonight with a shorter right field. Pretty cool to have a Brewer and Twins in the derby - might even root for that Twinkie if Braun goes out before him grin

I've been around 'ball a lot of years, more softball recently where the homer is king.

I've been with Long-Haul trucker guys, Demarini guys, Worth guys, Coffee Cup for the old-school St Paul local guys, and have never seen a display of power and endurance like that before......ever. Not even close...

They can hit 'em far in bursts but the longevity of that Hamilton display was unreal......

Morneau looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. ESPN treated it like: the "fly-over country" home run champion and moved on to celebrity softball.

I'm not sure which one of the talking heads said it, but they totally discounted Morneau before he took his first swing of the night since he was a last minute addition and didn't feel that he deserved to be there. He went on to say something about there being "five white guys" and where are the hispanics at? Pretty poor.

I'll tell you what...I'm not a Twins fan...or a Rangers fan...but I was so impressed with Justin Morneau's humility. What a class act he is...you guys have an oustanding human being on your team. It was obviously Hamilton's show...and Morneau was such a gracious winner in recognizing that.

Nice job!

Those announcers made me sick to my stomach mad. Even after Justin wins, they swept him under the rug and wouldn't shut up about Hamilton. They ought to be ashamed! So glad they are eating crow right now. It was a great first round by Hamilton. Amazing! I believe that if Josh sits out the second round, he wins. Just goes to show you it's not a single round, but you gotta show up for all three rounds. Way to go, Justin!!!

I dont know who it was either but that one announcer was a a$$. Like when he said the wind from left was starting to knock balls down, then whoever was up blasted 3 or 4 to left field right then.

But that was truly amazing to watch.

From the ESPN article

When it was over, Morneau was left practically apologizing for beating Hamilton.

"I was lucky that we got reset," he said. "This was his show. He deserved to win it.

"It does seem kind of unfair that he didn't get to win the whole thing," Morneau added. "Anyone who was here won't forget that performance."

What a 1st class guy and to think that he plays for us is even better.

yeah talk about disrespecting a former AL MVP......fun to watch but the announcers were pretty bad....give the guy credit and get over the 28 hrs and move on with the contest........

I don't understand why Justin had to almost apologize to the announcers for winning it. It's true Josh clearly had the more dominant performance, but he should have been thinking about that when he sapped his strength in the first round. This same kind of thing has happened before.

I can understand the fans reaction to his first round performance, but it's almost like they took depressants before the finals. Kind of a let down to such a fun event.

Hat's off to Justin for being such a class act. Mauer too in his interview.