• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing online with the Pros

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walleyes can get up around 17 pounds, even bigger. 34 inches is a huge walleye and they don't run a whole lot bigger than that.

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Walleyes do get over 25 lbs.

At least that is close to the Worlds record. I believe that fish came out of Greer's Ferry Resorvoir in Arkansas.

The best place to get biiigggg walleyes is Lake of the Woods near Canada, and Mille Lacs Lake by Brainerd in Minnesota.

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

James,
I don't believe there are any largemouth bass pictured. They are smallmouth bass, also called bronzebacks because of their bronze coloration.

Both fish you see are in the 4-5 lb class.

nice smallies for sure.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-16-2004).]

Hey kids,
Did you know that there is a fish in Europe called a Zander?
It looks a lot like a walleye but can get much bigger and they have teeth like Muskie!!
Maybe I can find a picture of one.....

The Minnesota River also hold some nice walleyes, along with huge flathead cats and very nice channel cats.

Truly multi-species there and it's close to us.

Every lake has large walleyes. Some of the larger lakes such as Mille Lacs, Winnie, Leech, Lake of the Woods have more because of their size. There is alot of room for fish to hide and get to be big Walleyes.

Walleyes can get to be 32"-35" in lenght

Corey, Cody, Wyatt, Darian, Sam, Emmanuel, Spencer, Brodie, Steve, Payton, Felicia, Jeannnie, Todd, Justin, Emilee, Tyler, Riley, Abdi, Tyler, Zach, Katirna, Tyler, Carson, Sean, Eddie, Josh F., Josh R., Jacob, James, Brandon, Erick, and Andy sure appreciate all of you taking the time today to answer all our questions about fishing!
Thank you so much!

We are listening to Elliot on the CD and he's playing "Meet Me On The Water"!!!!!!

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Not sure if we are still going, but I thought it would be nice to share one way you can tell the difference betwen a largemouth and a smallmouth.

THeir stripes.

Smallmouth bass stipes go up and down and largemouth go sideways!!!