• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing online with the Pros

FM Family,
Tomorow after 12:30pm (and lasting for several hours), I teach a fishing class at Owatonna's Wilson Elementary School.
It is done as an elective class for 4, 5, & 6th. graders.
I am very much looking forward to it. So are many kids who are all ready interested in fishing.

I will be bringing along my Otter Lodge to set up.... and will also "show and tell" about my MarCum LX3 and LX-I elecronics. Yep, I'll have some Bio-Bait & Catch-N fishing lures with me too. Cabela's is donating some items for me to give the kids.
We will spend some time talking ice fishing and I will show the kids how to go "online" using their school's computer center.
They will be joining us here on this thread!

Look for some questions to be asked by the kids in the class. And please answer back to the kids... they will love it! The experience will help them learn how to use this site as a resource and be better future fishemen.
Thanks for your help in this effort!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 01-15-2004).]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks "can it be luck", tune in and help turn some kids on to fishing!
Here are some photos of James Hoggard... who is going to be attending the class!
f9f0002b.jpg
James with a big sunfish!

f9f00028.jpg
James with a nice northern pike!
WHAT FUN!!!
smile.gif

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 01-15-2004).]

I actually had this same type of class in middle school. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. We had 3 field trips (Courthouse lake, Coon Rapids dam, and Medicine lake). For each field trip prizes were awarded for biggest and most fish. Prizes were also given for the highest grade in the class. Everyone in the class participated and were awarded something.

I commend you! Great program.

------------------
Tonka Boy

WHen I was in middle school I also took a fishing class.We learned all about structure,presentation, and baits.It was a blast.One of our "textbooks" was Buck Perry's Spoonplugging book,along with a few others.Great way to get kids into fishing and out of trouble.(however it didn't keep ME out of trouble! smile.gif)If i make it back I will "tune" in.

Thanks guys, for the support.
We can all agree that it is a good thing that kids get to come to FM and learn from us.
Some of these little guys & gals are just as good on the computer as I am... many are even better!
Kids only need to know how to get from there... to here, which is what I am going to be showing them and the teachers. That, and some hands-on dealing with equipment and fishing gear.
Doing a in class presentation is not new for me as I do it for Owatonna schools annually... and also have done on the water classes, with my boat tied to the dock on Owatonna's Lake Kohlmyer.

Cyberfish, YES SIR you may join me today (if you have the day off and can do) and bring your marking pens! You have my phone # (507.202.0312 cell) and I'll be heading for the school at noon.
YES... the kids would love to see you draw up some fish, as would I!!!! This morning, perhaps one of you can post Cyberfish's photo's of the fish artwork he did on the ice house (posted on another thread here on FM)... on this thread. The kids will like seeing it.

I am meeting with the Owatonna Cabela's Retail Store manager about 10:00am to gather some goodies for the kids to keep. I am thinking of plastics and bobbers.

I'll check to see if the school may have a web cam & site and if so I'll post a link here, so that our FM Family can see all the kids.... that would be 2 cool smile.gifsmile.gif If not, I'll shoot some photos to post for later.

You FM guys may wish to post photos of yourselves here... so the kids can see who they are "speaking" with.

Here is the school... Wilson
http://www.owatonna.k12.mn.us/

Should be great fun!
(I hope I don't have to stay after school... to work on my spelling!)
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 01-16-2004).]