• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Lake is HOT right now

This is the time of year to be on the big water. The lake trout are suicidal all around the mouth of the river, the Lake Superior Whitefish bite is just starting to come on, and if you can find any weed beds in the larger bays, like Elmo, Big Arm and the ever productive East Bay, you will find perch..If you find the perch, hang on, cause the mackinaw and whitefish wil be in the mix.

We fished Saturday evening in Elmo bay, looking for some perch. We caught four mack's, all in 2-4 pound range, on our ultra light perch gear. Thats always fun. The whitefish are there, but not all schooled up yet. The next week or two and that bite will be smokin' hot.

Other waters producing right now are Lake Mary Ronan for Kokanee and perch, Little Bitteroot lake for Kokanee, and any of the higher altitude mountain lakes. But this is the time of year when Flathead Lake really proves to be the best bet.

I even heard a rumor last week that a 3# smallmouth was caught off the docks in Lakeside!!! Until now, I had not heard of any smallmouth being caught in the lake, only in the river south of Kerr Dam in Polson.

Join me and others this Saturday July 19th for several seminars at Snappy Sport Seminar in Kalispell. There will be a whitefish seminar, a lake trout seminar and I will be talking about getting the most out of your underwater cameras from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood!!