• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Kind of Fish

pbowhunter

A buddy and i were icefishing above a dam in 24 feet of water. He was using a crappie minnow and a jig when the vexlar filled up from the bottom to 13 feet of solid red. He was sitting there jigging a little then his rod just started bending so he set the hook. THe fish didnt really struggle just slowly went down to the bottom where it just kind of slowly swam around. After about a couple of minutes the fish started coming in a little then pulled and broke the line. Any ideas on what type of fish these were?

If I had to guess I would say it was either a cat to a sturgeon.... It happened to me in Canada once when I was a kid, my uncle decided to freak me out by telling me it might be a body.....

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

[This message has been edited by jegerjack (edited 01-15-2004).]

I would also have to say catfish. Sometimes those cats stack up like bricks and hug the bottom. A big cat will take you for a ride if you are not prepared wink.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

"Wow, a school of catfish 11 feet deep, that's alot of catfish!" Maybe you got hung up on a big old lethargic winter carp? Maybe it did'nt even know it was hooked? If you don't live to far from the dam, try Chris Haleys suggestion and maybe put the mystery to rest!