• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

They have it figured out.

Rippinlip

My brother-in-law and I went to northern Wisconsin to do some ATV trail riding, because after a long search, Minnesota could not compare to the camping on a route and accessibility.

All I can say is they have it together, we spent Friday evening and almost all of Saturday logging a couple hundred miles on some of the best trail I have ever rode on.

I will be back to Wisconsin to ride again.

Most of the the riding we did was up by Iron River and in the Chequamegon National Forest and Bayfield County Forest.

What I really liked was being able to set-up camp, we had his RV and leave right from where we camped, ride on a few tar roads to get to the trails, no hassle, no hustle.

Wisconsin really caters to the Snowmobile/ATV riders, I really wish Minnesota would look at doing the same, why can't we use the same trails in the summer the snowmobile's use in the winter?

Not the ones the cross private property, I understand that, no crops in the winter, so-on.

I know there is alot of snowmobile clubs that maintain trails, but why not open up our National forest and use the fire trails to ride ATV's on and link up to used snowmobile trails to cover ground.

Seems to me this is helping out the Bars and restuarants in sconie, why not try to bring some money back to minnesota?

It really would be nice to be able to actually ride my wheeler. Seems like to much of a hassle to drag it up north or go to wisconsin this year. Plenty of snowmobile trails along the mn river that would be fun to ride if the dnr would let us.

The dnr is stopping us only to protect our sport. It's the 'anti's' who shut everything down for us.

MN and Wisconsin atv associations joined forces a few years ago to get more trails opened in both states. My personal feeling is that MN has too much wetland, lakes, and rivers. This makes it real tough for our people to get through the red tape to make trails.

Yes, MN is way behind, but there have been more trails added in the last 10 years or so than I first thought.

Yeah, Wisconsin has better trails, a better football team, and better laws. Minnesota on the other hand, caters to snowmobiles, and charges way to much for licensing on atv's.