• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rapala electric knife

Finfinder

Electric definately makes it easier. I started using one about 12 years ago. When I started using it at fishing opener the first time all my fishing buddies laughed. Now they have them too. I've already wore out two mr twisters. I have an American fisherman now. The more you use it the better you get. When you do the rib bones try just kind of hooking them with the blade and scraping them out. I use them for the skin too. I can even cut out y bones out of northerns with it.

love mine also but go about it a little different I start at the head removing it and then start at the tail and go forword following the back bone and though the ribs. Then when you do the flip side, the fish is flat and easy to do. then like some others scoop the ribs out with the elec. knife like kinda like using a spoon. Then and this is a little slippery but I hold on to the back of the fillet and take the knife at an angle about 30 to 40 deg. and side the knife though it and take the skin off. Nice and clean

[This message has been edited by Fergie2u (edited 01-17-2004).]