• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just got a FL18 trying it out tonite!!!!

bigminnow

If you got the Ultra pack make sure to turn the power switch on when you charge the battery. I
called Vexilar customer service to find that out this week. It does not charge without it on.

Hey I just bought an FL18 as well. I won't be using it until this weekend though. I can't believe I dropped four bills on a winter fish finder but what can I say? Ice fishing on the brain! My wife just rolled her eyes when I told her and then she casually mentioned all the open space in her jewelery box.

The flasher works great. I can't believe the detail that you can see with the auto zoom feature. I could actually see the Crappies movie off the bottom to hit my jig. Wow it was almost more fun watching what was going on the screen than seeing the spring bobber move down.
Can't wait to get out again tomorrow.

Whats really awesome is shooting through the ice to get the depth, instead of punching holes...

bigminnow

been fishing in 22 fow for crappies lately and can watch my jig and a minnow bobber set up both at the same time. to do this I first drill a hole till my powerpoint just breaks through the ice. then I drill a hole a few inches to either side. clean out the 3 holes set the vex in the center hole jig in one hole and set a deadstick line a foot or two higher of the bottom or where you see fish in the water colume. My son and I have also both jigged at the same time with this set up.

------------------

You'll love it...I learned this from my dad. When you buy any outdoor equipment which is not an "approved" purchase you pay 3/4 cash, 1/4 check. The wife sees the amount in the checkbook and it softens the controversy. Sorry off topic, fl-18...user friendly, fun to play with,