• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Girls' avatars

One of the younger women in our dept listens to, get this, John Denver shocked Who listens to John Denver, much someone under 30 years old.

Quote:
Steve, Barry, Michael... arent they all for the girly men??

I always figured the girls where for them cuz no one I hung with listened to that stuff sick

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa - Very cool that you're a Metallica fan! I need to get a Gene Simmons avatar! I've been back stage with KISS, Ted Nugent, Skid Row, Def Leppard (can't share details) laugh

I enjoy your posts...my wife is a huge outdoors fan. We spend a lot of time each year camping, lake & stream fishing, morel hunting, hiking etc.

Originally Posted By: DeeDee
Steve, Barry, Michael... arent they all for the girly men?? Most of the women I know are/were head bangers.

I don't know, I kinda like Luciano, Barry, Michael, Neil, Old blue eyes, Perry, War, Iron Butterfly, Jon, Daughtry, Eagles, Kiss, Devo, should I see a shrink?

Sorry I just never really liked that. I'm more for classic rock, pretty much everything from the 70's and earlier.

Sorry to get back on this so late. I would be honored to dance for a bunch of ladies in a banana suit. Just doubt you'd be impressed with a pear shaped banana.

Quote:

Sorry I just never really liked that. I'm more for classic rock, pretty much everything from the 70's and earlier.

A girl after my own heart cool I am a huge fan of the 60 & 70s rock avatarhell_rezn8_beavisbuttava.gif

When I walk into Mrs. Tom's computer room, there is Jon on the computer..I won't give her age, but she just went to his last concert in St. Paul with a mid 30's girl who is the same age as her children.

Since I grew up in the 80's, I like all those hair bands like the Scorpions, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Cinderella, Queensryche, etc.... but I also love Pantera, System of a Down (I know they broke up), Disturbed, Godsmack and on and on....I don't really like Megadeth or Judas Priest though.

Badger, here's your avatar! KISS-GeneSimmons202020_photo.jpg

Lisa - I've also seen Van Halen, Cinderella, Bon Jovi, David Lee Roth, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Stevie Ray Vaughn and more!!

Even saw SPINAL TAP!!!! What a blast...love the movie!

Thanks for the avatar...how do I post it???

KISS was a blast to be backstage with. I've seen them 4 times with the original members. Spent a couple of hours meeting them before the concert & after (pictures & guitar pics). My friend has connections with JAM Productions out of Chicago.

Def Leppard was a huge party before & after the show with the band.

Originally Posted By: Iambjm
Originally Posted By: DeeDee
Steve, Barry, Michael... arent they all for the girly men?? Most of the women I know are/were head bangers.

I don't know, I kinda like Luciano, Barry, Michael, Neil, Old blue eyes, Perry, War, Iron Butterfly, Jon, Daughtry, Eagles, Kiss, Devo, should I see a shrink?

classic rock and roll from the 60's and 70's,

John Prine, The Guess Who, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Grateful Dead, The Who, The Stones, Van Morrison, Dylan ( writing not singing crazy ) etc, etc.

Ohh yea - and disco, but only in the gay bars. Yes I grew up gay in the 70's - what can I say, but " we are family" grin

80's Rock for me. I used to go to a lot of concerts too.

Kiss (3 times...they were much better when younger), Def Leppard, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Night Ranger, etc.

My favorite memory...we went to go see Alice Cooper (not a huge fan, but the concert was GREAT). There was a band we never heard of opening for them. Their CD just came out and we bought it and listened to it. Hey, they weren't bad...and after the concert we thought they may make it some day. The band called themselves "Guns and Roses".

I'm sure Rush was a great show! I had the opportunity to see GNR 2nd row in Phoenix (only 2K people capacity)...Awesome show!! I've also enjoyed seeing The Cult, U2 and INXS. I actually bartended for a private party for U2 when I was working in AZ in my young 20's at the Biltmore Resort.

Anyone familiar with Badlands, D.A.D, Tora Tora, Fastway, Krokus, Y&T or Pantara?

I ushered at the old Met Center and did a Grand Funk, Jethro Tull, 3 Dog nite and the went with my bride to the old Midway stadium for a Beach Boys, and at the old Met for a Neil Diamond concert. Quite a variety. laugh