• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to walleyes

I've had some fairly good luck lately casting crank baits in shallow (3-4 fow)then pulling them back out slowly to 12-15 feet of water. I've been doing this all after dark. not having much luck during the day light hours right now. I am by no means a walleye expert. just one thing you could try. my best luck has been on a blue and silver Rap. Most of the fish I been catching bite almost right after I start to retreive the lure so be ready right away.Good luck in your fishing.

Another recommendation that may be the easiest is to stop by a bait shop close to the lake you are fishing and ask them what/how/where/when they are catching walleye on local lakes.

They are typically pretty helpful and can be more specific. Every lake is different so this route may help with eliminting the guess work. Or if you can afford it, take a friend and hire a guide to show you the ropes.

Good Luck!

Just don't be in too much of a hurry, it'll come to you. That's the fun part! I've met a real good tournie walleye fisherman once who'd told me that sometimes knowing too much can at times be a crutch. I will share this with ya, once you get started it'll be hard to stop!