• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hosta la vista, baby!

Yeah, yeah, I know, Telly Savalas was a LONG time ago! Just couldn't resist. gringrin

I was out to change the nectar in the hummingbird feeder when last night's rain collecting in these hostas caught my eye. I am a hosta fan from way back, they being my favorite shade perennial, and so of course we have quite a few around the place.

When I find myself in a rut photographically, I like to walk around the yard or go out into the woods, places I know intimately, and try to see them in new ways.

Feeling a little ruttish lately, I explored some hosta, with the woods to follow. The only limits to the way we express the world are limits we set ourselves.

All with the 30D and 17-40f4L at iso200

Blues and greens I

1/10 at f22, 36mm, +1 stop exposure compensation, tripod, remote shutter release

2656000024_cb1661a155_o.jpg

Greens

1/13 at f22, 40mm, +1EC, tripod, remote release

2655175895_1ed2203e72_o.jpg

Blues and greens II

1/50 at f9, 40mm, +1EC, handheld

2655998674_59aa0b05f1_o.jpg