• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knots

Either the palomar knot or the trilene knot arethe ones I use. Usually I use the palomar to attach the swivel to the main line, mainly beause its easiest. Then I will use the trilene knot to attach the leader to the swivel. Both knots I have good luck with.

I think that you will find the general concensus to be the Palomar knot. For me, it is the Trilene knot. I can tie it in seconds and most of all, I have confidence in the knot. Years ago, my dad always put a dab of superglue on the knot as well and I continue to do that as well. Does the knot need it.....no, just a habit I am into.

Both good knots, and Bret's right, the Palomar will get the most votes. Super Uni Knot for us though, 5 shoulders, pass the line through the eye of the leader twice. Never have one give and you can tie it in your sleep (or in the dark). Easier than running the leader through the palomar too.

Bucher Power Knot all the way for me... It combines Palomar with Clinch... no superglue needed... no knot at the tag end needed... can cut the tag as close to the knot without worrying about it slipping... and its easy to do!!!

The Bucher power knot is the best I have seen. It takes a little practice to get it cinched down evenly but I have to cut the knots off every time.

I used a search engine to look up Bucher power knot and it came up on the top of the first page. It is a diagram in Bucher's web site.

Good Luck

Steve

Hiya -

I've used the Uni Knot first with Dacron, then with braid, for years. Never had a knot failure - ever. Works for me, and easier to tie with long trolling leaders or stiff wire leaders than a Palomar...

My $.02

Cheers,

Rob Kimm