• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to start checking deep boys!!!!!!

Deitz Dittrich

Fished a metro lake with fellow FM member Ham today.. Had a very fun day. Weed line in the lake we fished was about 10-12 feet.. we found schools of fish in 14-18... caught them on drop-shots and Jig-Pigs.. The fish should have been in these locations about 3 weeks ago, but have not been there yet in good numbers, but its really starting to happen now. Find the hard bottom locations out on weed edges or beyond, Good luck!

oh yeah! I've just been back in MN fishing lakes for bass in the last week and a half and my first few trips were not so good to say the least. But now I've been finding fish schooled up out deep the last 5 days and its been a ton of fun. Number of doubles and back to back to back fish between my fishing partners and I. fun stuff...except I keep losing the big guys. 1/8oz jigworms and texas rigged worms have caught the most for me. Also a nice one on a brush hog, and lost a pig bass on a dropshot rig this morning after it gave a big bass head shake. Been fishing deepweedlines in about 11-14fow.

Phone tag, you're it. smile What is the water temps where you were? Was there an algea bloom yet? As I mentioned in my message, I searched deep 2 weeks ago on the lake I'm heading to, and they just weren't there in numbers, and especially in size. Just wondering if the last week of weather is gonna push them out a little further.

I don't think we're far enough in summer for a front to positively affect the fish. Or are we? We have one coming in on Sat and my tourney is on Monday. Just wondering it it will help, or delay.

Deep indeed! School is back in session... well at least it seems as if the "schools" are back on the outside weedline smile Been finding a lot of fish stacking up on the outside line. This is where the fun really begins! wink

Phone tag, you're it. smile What is the water temps where you were? Was there an algea bloom yet? As I mentioned in my message, I searched deep 2 weeks ago on the lake I'm heading to, and they just weren't there in numbers, and especially in size. Just wondering if the last week of weather is gonna push them out a little further.

I don't think we're far enough in summer for a front to positively affect the fish. Or are we? We have one coming in on Sat and my tourney is on Monday. Just wondering it it will help, or delay. [/quoteFluker, I'd just SKIP your tourney!!!! The fish arent going to bite anyhow.

I worked a small and deeper west metro milfoil lake yesterday. Pretty darn easy pattern really, they weren't in the shallow stuff, so the next step out was the defined weed-milfoil edge at 6-12 fow. As a somewhat "novice" bass angler, I like to progress thru the water column and rule things out, going shallow to deeper, a.k.a. easier to more complex.

I was using a J'n'P and found the bass there in the mid-range, and mid-day amidst the jet-skis and water skiers and sunny conditions no less. I ended up with 20+ fish, 10 fish I measured from 17 inches up with the biggest at 19.5 inches. The bigger fish did come more from the outside, so I did see the deeper pattern coming into play. The shallower I went the smaller the bass, and the more Zoom chunk tails I lost, likely from aggressive panfish.

Equip: Stanley Rattlin' Flat Eye Jigs 3/16oz (I like the slow fall of a lighter jig) with Zoom Chunks and Super Chunks. Citica 200D on a 6'8" St Croix Avid M X-Fast action, 30lb Power Pro.

Hope that helps!

I got on some deeper fish this evening too. Using jigs and texas rigged creature baits. All the fish I got we nice ones that were nice and chunky.

Fluker,

On Monday I was out before a big storm blew though and we caught them pretty good. It was the best I had done so far this year in terms of bigger fish and I think the front had something to do with the better bite. I was with two other buddies too that were catching some nice ones.

Its funny seeing this thread after a friend and I nailed the fish pretty good yesterday on the inside weedline with plastic frogs. We casted the frogs to shore and fished them about five feet to the inside weedline (about 1' of water) where the fish were waiting to smash them. Caught lots of fish biggest going 5lb 4oz.

We did try deep later in the day and picked off a few nice ones on cranks and 10"worms.