• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When do they stop growing?

Cooter

Geez Louis - I'm gonna have a monster on my hands....

Cooter,

Our great dane was 38lbs at 11.5 weeks, 49lbs at 13.5 weeks. He's 15 weeks now--we'll see what he weighs Thursday when he gets his rabies shot. 7 cups of food a day cry I've already got a monster on my hands grin

Kind of in disagreement here. With a lab, you'll have a pretty good size guide by 6 months. May see an inch or so in height and couple inches of length. Always tell our customers to look at their 6 month old and add 15-20 pounds and that will be your dog. Obviously, there are anomalies but you should be safe with my estimate. Have an 65 pound 11 year old right now. Just let her free feed for the next couple months and she would probably bump up against the century mark. Show me a lab that doesn't love to eat and I'll direct you to the nearest vet.

I agree with that especially with females. My females were usuually about done growing height wise by six months. they put a few pounds on in the next couple months so I'd say by 8-12 months my females were close to max working size that they were going to get. My males seem to grow height wise up to about 8-9 months but put on a bit a of weight up to 2 years. Bit of weight meaning maybe 10-15 lbs or so.

My female pup is closing on 6 months, and height wise she seems like a shrimp to me. She's 42 pounds and seems miniature height wise. Should we open up the pantry and see if we can grow her out? We've been going with about 4 cups a day, and she is in good condition, not too skinny and not overweight.

An anomaly to the 6 month comments perhaps?

That is awesome. From your avatar, he really looked like a bloodhound. And to quote from Jaws..."You're gonna need a bigger boat" laugh

Yes, he has grown into his ears a bit since I took that photo smile And I now have a bigger boat, although that just gives him more room to make trouble. He broke my bilge pump switch on Saturday frown