• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many lakes have you fished?

kenandheather1121

Can it be luck,
Where in the world did you fish in Korea? Offshore? I was stationed there for 2 1/2 years and don't think I would have fished in any water I saw while over there. I did some fishing on Cheju Island, when we weren't going thru the repelling school.

Granny,
I would say maybe 15 different lakes or rivers,in Mn, Arizona, and Montana

danny

[This message has been edited by danny berg (edited 01-14-2004).]

Danny, I was stationed in Chun Chong with the 19th Support, Weapons Support Detachment Korea (WSDK). I was in Special Weapons, a nuclear artillery assembler. We would do missions along pre-designated fireing points along the DMZ. Ever make it to I Tae Won (sp?), pretty crazy there! Cheju Do was a place I would've liked to visit, I wanted to do some pheasant hunting there. I fished in a resevoir and a couple of small streams while over there. Only caught minnow like fish....Too many Agimas(old ladys) washing clothes!! Soju and kimchee...Great for the breath, eh!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I didn't think it was very many until I started to think about it...I'm up to 27 now. Maybe that is still not a lot...

About half of them in South Dakota (where I lived for six years), and the other half in Minnesota.

Can it be luck:

when were you in Okinawa?, I was there in 72-73. what a great place to get into trouble! lol did some off shore fishing there myself. as far as different lakes and streams, probably 50-75 give or take a few. including both pacific and atlantic oceans.

Last weekend during the football playoffs I organized all the maps I've collected over the 22 years I've lived in northern MN. I had a great time looking them over a recalling some great memories. I counted 139 lakes that I fished. This does not include the lakes I fished growing up in KY. I would estimate at least 20 more.

Opsirc, I was a kid when I was in Okinawa, 1965 and 1969. My father was stationed there. I remember fishing in the ocean with my family and going out in glass bottomed boats, real cool! I think my love for fishing stems from here, beautiful fish and coral. I'm not sure exactly where we were on the "Big Island", I do remember my two older brothers burning down a big grassy hill there, it was called Habu Hill. I did a 3 year hitch from 82-85. Yea, the military, especially the far east can get pretty wild...If you know what I mean. grin.gif

------------------

Can it be luck,
Was station in Tong Du Chon @ camps Hovey/Casey,78-79 then again 80-81 Yea I've been to I tae Won. I actually travelled somewhere new every other weekend. My buddies and I would pick out a spot, hop on a bus or train and spend the weekend. I use to be the Battalion Postal clerk, and I had to deliver checks to the guys when they were on rotation at the DMZ, Camp Oulette.

Wow that was kind of tough.I too had to make a list and I am sure that I am missing a few.My total was 108 different lakes,rivers and oceans.It would have been more if you included all the lakes on a chain.
I would have never thought it was that many!

It's hard for me too count this! Fished a ton of MN lakes all over the state, as well as a few other states and border waters. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, Arizona, oceans, rivers, lakes, streams. I've done a fair amount of fishing in my 18 years so far, many of them at the same lakes dozens of times. Right now my count is up around the 35 bodies of water, but I'm sure it higher cause I think of new ones every couple minutes.

That's a tough one. This is what comes to mind in a short time:

lakes - around 125 in MN, 8 in IA, 1 in Wash, 1 in Montana, 1 in ND, 3 in Mich, 16 in Ontario

rivers - 23 in MN, 3 in IA, 1 in Wash, 11 in Mich, 5 in NY, 2 in Wis, 4 in Alaska

oceans - off the Florida & Alaska coasts

Great topic - it's fun to try and take inventory + great memories!

the easist way i can respond to this question is , look at how many lake are in the iron range area. many of these i hit regularly. others only once maybe twice , or some to just check depths and see if the locator picked anything up. i recall counting the makes i made on a itasca county snowmobile map ans places to find winter crappies and had over 100 different places on it . tell me now if this makes any sense at all the last 4years i have fished 1 lake chain almost daily in winter months alone. hit 1 other local lake at certain times in the winter and never in the summer. 1 trip to the range to 2 of the honey hole lakes last march ...
confused.gif after rereading this ,,, i must be getting old and lazy to have fished so few grin.gif

I had to quit counting at 200. If I had to make a guess I would put myself at 350-425 lakes in Minnesota .. rivers not included.

I think I have forgotten about more lakes than some of the others have fished... I guess its a bonus of working in the fishing industry for 10 years.

Is there such a thing as fishing too much?

Just kind of curious about how many lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, ect.... have you guys/gals fished on? I did a count a while back and in my 15 year fishing career I think my total was around 70. So lets here some numbers!

Hey Granny, your question is starting to give me a headache! I fished 5 different countrys (Korea, USA, Japan, Okinawa, and Canada), Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, and if I think hard enough...I might think of a couple more.....I need an aspirin!

------------------