• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just getting started

I am usually chasing Cats on the river or Eyes on the lakes, but this trend in hitting me fast. I am yet to land a good sized pike period, but this year I hope to change that. I picked up a 7' Med/Heavy Action Gander Mountain Competion Series rod and a Abu 6600 C3 baitcaster today. Along with a nice selection of used and new lures mostly from members right here. All I need is a tackle box to hold these monster lures (hint hint if you got one to sell) and a boat and its on. I am in the area of French lake so i will probably try there first. I think this may test my patience a bit. Good luck everyone.

Smeese,

I spent years fishing French lake and I can tell you the muskie population is good on that waster!

When the lake is PEA SOUP don't be afraid to fish it, I've caught

many muskies out there when you couldn't hardly see a thing!

The sunken island West Central part of lake is always worth checking.

Pick up a "[PoorWordUsage] HOUND" by ERC and give that lure a try out there

I think you will do fine after a few trips out there.

Best of Luck

Brian K

French Lake... I LOVE that lake... excellent fishing there... like Muskyman said... when the water's "pea soup" its still excellent there... Dont be afraid to use Cowgirls in this lake... black works great... Its 800 acres lake so it recieves heavy pressure...

Quote:
Anyone know where to get a all black DCG? I looked in several places and fond nothing close?

Muskie-Tackler has black/smoke blades and black/nickel blades if thats what youre looking for. Thorebros also has black/nickel

U're thinking of Musky Bling (marabou-type DB10s) or Dominatrix (Flashabou-type DB10's) by Tacklebooty... Those two comes in stock with BLACK blades... Musky Mayhem doesnt do solid BLACK blades for their DCGs... closest you can get would be SMOKE... similar to black silver... Llungen does a Black Smoke/Silver for their nightbite series DC-10...

If you really want a custom-made all-BLACK DB10 bucktails... talk to Gerry Carroll... hes from Wisconsin... and he makes those Gerry's Girls and Gerry's Partygirls... his prices are excellent... and he makes them the way you want it done... with either 0.25 or 0.40 thickness Blades... I plan to order some from him soon...

You could also check out Spanky's Bait, also out of Wisconsin... they also do custom DB-10s which they call Fireballs... and I can say that the Fireballs are similar-priced to DCGs...

If its a MUST that your DB10 comes from Musky Mayhem and that it be all BLACK, then I guess your only option would be to purchase the Super DCG...