• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clint Converse Campground...How is it?

tsewdim

Hey Guys,

Any info on Clint Converse Campground's Group Camp?

It's located in Land O' Lakes forest on Lake Washburn. Planning a group camp with a few friends. I'm sure there are nice fish in there since I looked it up on the MN DNR Lakefinder. I'm wondering if it's family friendly...since that is not what we are looking for, not that family friendly is bad per se, but farther North is just too far this year and we would rather fish and relax w/o kids!

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I stayed there for a couple of days about 3 years ago, so have no up to date info. I remember there are 2 loops, not sure about the group camp. The lower loop had a bunch of mature Norway pines and had some scenic quality to it. The lake has a lot of nice structure, you have to wind through a couple shallow bays from where the campground is. Not many of the sites had a view of the lake, which was too bad. The time we stayed there we were the only ones in the entire campgroud, which was great. I assume it might be fairly quiet there most of the time.

Thanks for the info Rodric. From your report, looks like we'll be headed up here. BTW...How did you do on the fishing? We'll probabaly be targeting bass mostly, but anything on the end of the line is always good too.

We didn't do a lot of fishing so can't help you out much there. I do remember catching a couple bass though. I have not personaly fished them, but I know a lot of people consider both Thunder and Roosevelt good fishing lakes as well and would be a short trailer distance from where you are staying. All 3 are very pretty with lots of structure and good survey numbers.