• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On my never-ending quest to find green toothy snot rockets over 20 pounds...what does Montana have to offer? I think there are some good waters...just not sure where to start. Anyone have any advice?

I tried to find it on my own...but after sifting through MT's regulations I couldn't find it...how many lines can you fish with in Montana?

I notice that on specific waters children could only use 1 rod...but didn't see anything for adults.

Doop

If you want BIG PIKE, BIG WALLEYES, and BIG LAKE TROUT; hit the Big Water. Fort Peck is THE place for big fish through the ice. I would suggest you look up "hellcreekmarina" their HSOforum name is exactly what you would expect.

Give them a call, they are great folk, willing to answer your questions and will be your best source for all the info you're gonna need.

Quetions like:

how many lines

what equipment (think tipups)

They also have about a dozen motel rooms. One of the few places that you can actually stay right on the lake shore.

Only other place I know of for winter lodging is LakeRidge Motel & Tackle, though I don't anything about them other than that they are on the lake and open year round.

Otherwise you're looking at staying in Jordan or Glasgow and driving 20 or 25 miles back and forth to the lake.

Thanks guys!

If anyone has information that may help a first-timer to this intimidating body of water i'm all ears! lol

feel free to email me if you want jensenmd at hotmail.com

I'm really looking forward to treating my dad....he's going to have a good time!

Desperado,

is it possible to drive a 1/2 ton truck on the ice generally by the end of December? I realize it depends on the weather...but I'm curious because if we are staying at [PoorWordUsage] Creek Marina...we are really isolated to that part of the lake...unless we could travel on the ice by truck. What is the bait of choice? Smelt, Ciscos, Suckers, Shad?

If we fished the north side of the lake it seems we might have a few more options in case the fish aren't cooperating. But I have to think if we were out of [PoorWordUsage] Creek Marina with 24 tip ups out (4 guys)...someone is going to catch some fish! lol