• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aug 16th GTG

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I bought 3 bags of real marshmallows. I'll bend the hangers for roasting. When I go back to the store for the ribs I'll check the natural section for the sugarless marshmallows. With the concern over sugar, I'm gonna skip the graham crackers and chocolate.

I'm also bringing up my famous boneless country style ribs (ok, so they're only famous to my family). To go with those, I'm bringing the Mrs. Dee's hashbrown patties. You throw them on the grill frozen and they're amazing. If there are leftover hashbrown patties we can always make them for breakfast. Are there actual bbq's? or do I need to get my portable gas grill cleaned up?

Fishing gear? Well, I'm bringing my 14 ft., '60 crestliner, '63 18hp johnson, trolling motor, depth finder, bait bucket and scoop, fish basket (no livewell), 3rd seat to attach to the wooden bench seat, landing net, 3 life jackets, 2 fishing rods and my tackle box.

Anyone have a lake map to make copies of? Or should I pick one up? (I have no luck with the online ones)

Well, I bought 3 bags of real marshmallows. I'll bend the hangers for roasting. When I go back to the store for the ribs I'll check the natural section for the sugarless marshmallows. With the concern over sugar, I'm gonna skip the graham crackers and chocolate.

I'm also bringing up my famous boneless country style ribs (ok, so they're only famous to my family). To go with those, I'm bringing the Mrs. Dee's hashbrown patties. You throw them on the grill frozen and they're amazing. If there are leftover hashbrown patties we can always make them for breakfast. Are there actual bbq's? or do I need to get my portable gas grill cleaned up?

Fishing gear? Well, I'm bringing my 14 ft., '60 crestliner, '63 18hp johnson, trolling motor, depth finder, bait bucket and scoop, fish basket (no livewell), 3rd seat to attach to the wooden bench seat, landing net, 3 life jackets, 2 fishing rods and my tackle box.

Anyone have a lake map to make copies of? Or should I pick one up? (I have no luck with the online ones)

I was kidding about the marshmallows, bring the grahams and chocolate. I have learned how to live with this thing and can have marshmallows in moderation.

Patti....you will be the hit of the party with bbq ribs!! Char and I both have gas grills, and I'm bringing a tripod for over the fire this time. I have plenty of extra roasting sticks for everyone too.

I am just dreaming of the corn on the cob....

I think the left over hashbrowns we should just mix with the fish for our breakfast...mmmmmmm.....

teresa, are you stopping at moreys to get fish for with the leftover hashbrowns. hehehe. laughlaughwhistle sorry couldnt resist.seriosly ive heard fishin is slow on osakis right now. good luck fishing. im sure you pro fishergals can getter done! grin

Looking like a fantastic weekend Ladies. grin

I'll be heading up fri am. If I'm not at the TT ( truck and trailer) when you get there, I'll be on the water.

Here's my cell, 612-418-6437

Friday, Aug 15

High: 80 °F RealFeel®: 81 °F

Partly sunnyFriday Night, Aug 15

Low: 53 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F

Saturday, Aug 16

High: 85 °F RealFeel®: 85 °F

Sunny much of the time and pleasantSaturday Night, Aug 16

Low: 58 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F

Sunday, Aug 17

High: 87 °F RealFeel®: 84 °F

Sunshine and patchy cloudsSunday Night, Aug 17

Low: 59 °F RealFeel®: 57 °F

Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful weekend.

I also have roasting sticks I'll bring up - don't bend the hangars. I also have those pie irons and will bring them along.

Tami - I am leaving Fri morning as well. My cell # is 612-723-0167.

I did pick up the chocolate and grahams.

The ribs aren't a big deal. Cub had a great

deal - $1/lb. I just bake them up ahead of time

and throw them on the grill with bbq sauce to

warm them up.

I think Teresa said something about picking up

leeches? Should I pick up some crappie minnows

or something on my way up Sat. morning?