• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aug 16th GTG

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we land a Northern we can use a fish basket over the fire...I've never tried it, but I hear it's nifty. OMG, I hope the weather is perfect and the fishing is good. I already know the company will rock!

I am getting so fired up to go fishing. Can't wait!!!

I set up my tent on Sunday - and didn't stake it down good enough. It blew into the neighbors yard.

Lisa - you better make sure you strap down your tent real good when you leave home. It's a lot further to Osakis, and it's been so windy lately.

090107NA4_prv.gif

The latest issue of Minnesota Sportsman magazine has the Dan Barnett Feeding Time chart. Aug 16 and 17 are supposed to be some of the best fishing days of the month, if you believe that stuff. Not that I want to prove him wrong - we could use good fishing!!!

I think you are all going to time this trip really well. I have a place on Osakis and the lake was running a couple of weeks behind normal all year. The panfishing should be in full swing when you arrive and usually stays pretty hot for a solid 3 weeks or so.

For the ultimate fun, bring ultra light tackle as those 1lb sunfish on an ultra light and 2lb test line are just a blast and I catch way more fish on 2lb line than 10lb line. Wax worms or 1" pieces of nightcrawler will get it done for you. The sunnies are typically not far off the bottom. Not uncommon to catch 100 a day.

While sunfish are the main target at that time of year, don't miss out on bringing some small tube jigs too (red with chartreuse tails work good for me) and look for suspended schools of fish near the main lake bars. IF you find some, and fish the right depth you have a shot at catching some decent crappies.

Good luck, have fun. Leave a few in the lake for us Osakis regulars wink

I just returned home from a few weeks away including nearly a week canoing Quetico (I'll post a separate note about the trip) and some time with family to find the notes about the the upcoming women's GTG. I'm bummed that I can't make it and hope all of you have a wonderful time. Wow - two in one summer. How awesome is that? We'll all love to hear how much fun you have. I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there.

Denise

Hi Ladies,

I am new to your forum. I think it is a fantastic forum for women to use who enjoy fishing and the outdoors!

Normally I would of really liked to come on your fishing outing, and I would of brought my boat for a few of us to use, but I am unable to attend those dates.

I will try again in the spring, I think it is great that you plan these outings for women, keep up the good work!

Have a great time, catch lots of fish and most of all have a great time!

Heidi

[email protected]

Hope ~ We are most definitely on for the 15,16,17.

I have the campsites reserved, and my boat made it back from Canada in one piece. laugh

We really should get a final count, and figure out who's bringing tents, etc. Probably finalize that the week of 8/11.

flygirl175, welcome to Fishing Minnesota/HotspotOutdoors!! grin You are absolutely welcome to join! These gals have are alot of fun and share some great fishing tips. Tell us a little about yourself here or post your biography that's stickied about this post. smile

Hope, I love your new avatar!!

I am in. Once again I can not wait, I am respooling the reels this weekend, I was going to go fishing but with a medication I am on right now I am not suppposed to be out in the heat for very long. Instead I am donating blood tomorrow and going window shopping at the sportsmans warehouse in Coon Rapids. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hope

I'm in! I went to the Annandale get-together...but not sure I was taken seriously...figure I would be with the women - when it calls for it. If I tent it may only be Sat. night. And I do have one...only sleeps 2..What time are you guys getting moving Sat. morning? What should I bring besides my boat(keep in mind I'm new to handling it) and my fishing gear? Can I assume I can bring my swimming suit on this outting? And no, I didn't on the Annandale GTG, thanks to reelemin.

Patti