• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 4th Annual Portable Modification Get Together-Sept 27!!!

Matt Johnson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated list...

Matt Johnson

FishGUY

BigWadeS

polarsusd81

Borch

IceJohn

hanson

airjer

da_chise31

Bobbo-o

WTN4ICE

SomethingFishy

shackbash

ZamMan

mnfishinguy

wolfman-k

YourBobbersDown

7outof10

kwiggy

dtro

BobS_Rogers

zamboni and dad

Snake River King

vegas

Corey Bechtold

hanronson

hovermn

ShawnnyB

Lwnmwnman2

hopeforfish

PerchPounder

gvg_uwec

jholland and dad

Eric Wetteland

pkwalleye and son

walleyebw

fishing tech

muc33

tednugefan

About a week away!

If anyone wants to bring a dish of food to share then feel free. Anyone have anything special they cook then its more than welcome. Paul, clam dip? smile

We'll set up a table for food and we'll have a grill available. Already a few donations for food and we'll have some hotdogs...

I'd love to make it, but we scheduled a fishing /working weekend up north at the families' lake cabins that weekend. It's too bad; I might be able to give out a bit of advice for once instead of just taking it all in! These events do help to get both the ideas and the blood flowing for winter fishing. Hope all goes well!

Matt, I am gonna be working till 2 that day so i will try and fly over as soon as i am done. maybe even might be able to get off a little early. Is the fly anlger gonna be open that day also? i have some special order thread i need to pick up.

Less than a week away!

Now we have portable sleds/units... clothing packages... hats... gloves... various tackle/gear items... piles of various company decals... the list goes on and on for free giveaways...

Also, there will be a grill running most of the day with food. Also a possbile fish fry? wink

Seminars all day long and fish houses to check out!

Also a full room of ice fishing gear to look at and buy. ALL PRODUCT WILL BE ON SALE!!!

A lot of preparation at the store this upcoming week to get ready for Saturday!

Im pumped Matt I cant wait!!!! grin I wounder if I should ride bike there or not??? I get better gas mileage but if I want to buys something bigger than my back pack then screwed confused do you guys sell ottor monster boxs for the atvs??? cuz that is something im going to buy for this season for the Brute force.

After the get together I want too take the good wife out to eat.Is a good sit down place close that is not fast food? And Matt and your gal want to join us old folks for supper? Hope to have alittle coin left to eat on .Help guys shes bring me up from Iowa and turning me loose to shop what a gal.ICE JOHN

We're trying to get in some Otter product, but its not looking good at this point. With minimum order requirements and lack of early season available product we are having a tough time getting it here by Saturday.

We will have a nice assortment of augers as well as Clam/Fish Trap houses and products. Half a semi-load came in the other day smile

We also put in an order for ice jigs and other misc tackle, so there will be a good amount of that stuff available too.

We will also have an assortment of various electronics available.

And of course TB custom rods and all the reels you could ask for smile

Plus a few other early season surprises wink

IceJohn,

I'm sure we can figure something out for dinner. I'll check with the Mrs and see what's on her plate for the evening.

We WILL be having a small fish fry too! smile So if anyone has any extra fillets they want to bring then please do. We'll have a fryer there donated by Vexilar but with limited fish! Bring out the panfish fillets! smile

Updated list...

Matt Johnson

FishGUY

BigWadeS

polarsusd81

Borch

IceJohn

hanson

airjer

da_chise31

Bobbo-o

WTN4ICE

SomethingFishy

shackbash

ZamMan

mnfishinguy

wolfman-k

YourBobbersDown

7outof10

kwiggy

dtro

BobS_Rogers

Snake River King

vegas

Corey Bechtold

hanronson

hovermn

ShawnnyB

Lwnmwnman2

hopeforfish

PerchPounder

gvg_uwec

jholland and dad

Eric Wetteland

pkwalleye and son

walleyebw

fishing tech

muc33

tednugefan

Joel Nelson

The store is filling up fast with ice fishing gear! Wow! I think everyone is going to be very impressed. I believe this is the most ice fishing gear Thorne Bros has ever seen in September smile

A LOT of new product to look at! I got the ice fishing itch even more yesterday while organizing things!

Other notes for the event...

Vexilar is going to be bringing a fryer and will be frying some fish! If you have panfish fillets and you want to donate some then feel free.

The NAIFC (ice fishing championships/world ice fishing championships) donated a GIANT pulled pork package! If you like pulled pork then you'll be happy smile

We also have various donations of hotdogs, brats, chips and other misc food items. We'll be eating well wink

Also, expect discounts on EVERYTHING! Electronics, fish houses, augers, rods/reels, tackle... we'll have a full house of gear. Should have a representation of most companies and products.

If you're looking to get an early jump on the ice fishing season and save a few bucks on the items on your winter list then this is a great time to do it!

I tell you what guys, Thorne is set up with a ton of gear. When Matt mentioned that a truckload of gear came in, he was not exagerating. I stopped in the shop on the way home from work tonight to talk with Matt and Pat. They are set up. The food is gonna rock too. I myself am looking forward to one of those delicious pulled pork sandwiches.

From houses to augers, rods to jigs, plastics and cold weather gear, the place is full. The list of give-aways donated by some of the leaders in the ice fishing industry is way beyond impressive. I think there might even be a Thorne Custom rod or two for a couple lucky attendees. I mentioned the rods, but didn't tell you how many they had. There are well over 300 rods in all different varieties available for purchase. If you want a chance to stock up on some sweet gear at great prices, you can not afford to miss this event.

I am looking forward to the seminars from a few special guests. It is pretty much a precursor to the St. Paul ice fishing show, a couple months in advance so you have time to have a little fun with your fish houses.

Show up and sign up.

edit - Forgot to mention that you must be present at the time of the drawings or it goes on to the next. That is how it was last year anyway and I am pretty sure it will be the same this year. The drawings happen about once an hour or so. Last year my little boy won a Jiffy Ice Chisel...

Good to see you today Tom. I'm excited too! smile

New additions and info for Saturday...

StrikeMaster will be donating a lot of great products as well as brats for the grill!

We have a lot of new winter clothing in-stock as well as portable houses already being set-up!

MarCum dropped off a nice pile of product to giveaway!

And did I say I still can't believe how much ice fishing stuff we have in our store for the month of September! smile This is by far the most in the Metro Area right now! And a lot of new product to look at, touch, and purchase!

Saturday is right around the corner wink