• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

converting furnace

01zr800

I think the main thing you have to do is change the orifice. I would be very carful to make sure the furnace works right before putting it in a fish house, you don't want to take the long knapp.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

im a hvac installer you need to remove the gas valve, change the orfices, and a small spring, now it depends if you have the lp orfices and spring if not you will probally need to find model and model number and take the valve into a heating company they should be able to help you get the right size orfices

Well I don’t know what you have exactly but normally it only takes a nozzle (orifice) change and maybe a regulator change. I would check with your local propane dealer not just a refill station but an actual place that sells all propane accessories as well…

------------------
Hook Em Good!!!!!!!

S.D. Ice Angular;
NRA, DU, NWTF,
Varmint Hunter
& NAHC Life Member

[This message has been edited by S.D. Ice Angular (edited 01-13-2004).]

Well I know that is a empire but I haven't found a # yet. Called a local HVAC and they acted as if it is brain surgery I know that it isn't that hard I have had friends that have done it in the past. Wonder if menards or the h. depot would be able to help?

zr they may be able to not sure if they carry orfices where do you live. and are you able to take a picture ove the front of it with the door open so i could see it will try to help you if i can ,does it vent to the outside

[This message has been edited by dewoutdoor70 (edited 01-13-2004).]

Not sure how knowledgeable your are about heaters and such but i had the same problem. I just removed the orfice and drilled out the hole that the orfice was in and tapped threads in there so i could install a holly carburator jet. I had to adjust the size of the jet so the heater would run properly and it works fine now. I would suggest not doing this if your not comfortable with doing it yourself. I would also suggest running it before installing in your house if you do decide to do it.