• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bear hunting- bait

what is everyone thats going bear hunting going to use for bait? just curious. im planning on bakery products molasses and cheap dog food. how easy is it for people to get your bait of choice?

hey glenn I live in richmond adn have been doen getting bait for about 3 months now. I have about 2000 pund sof sweets for them. do yourself a favor and skip the dog food adn get some bread and grease.

richmond is my home town. you must plan on feeding an army of bears. if ya got extra let me know i still need a bunch. have you lived in richmond long? my mom lives there yet, shes inti town politics.

Moved here 4 years ago. I have some extra bait if your looking. We take a lot of pics of bears, and my uncle liek to feed a few just to watch, no hunting there. He ahs about 400 pound cinnimon he has been seeign every year for about 6 years now that would look nice on my wall. I am not hunting this year as we had a baby, and trapping is taking up more and more of my time.

i will take all the bait you can spare. where do you feed the bears. we go up to talmoon. i will be leaving soon for red wing so on so i will gone rest of day. let me know we can hook up.

name number? I have to talk it over with my dad, he is coming to get what we need this weekend. He just moved to the Hibbing area. We have about 600 acres ot hunt plus the Natl Forrest. Have not got one in a few years, but have seen 3 nice ones, just nver had a good clean shot.

I will drop you a little hint that I learned over the years of baiting. If you can help it stay away from grain as bait. Corn/oats! Yes bears do eat it up but the more grain you put in a bait the more coons show up and clean the bait before thet bears can. try pastries, candies, premixed baits, and resturant greese.

We never use grains, but others up there do and i enjoy the fact that they do for the very reason you stated. keeps the coon and other varmits at their sites. Have ahd coon eat some sweets in the past.

brownie77,do you have an e-mail address? i dont carp shoot much havent had time for a few years, i am there because i love to spear. you wouldnt be after turtles would ya?

At camp we use molassis and a horse feed called sweet feed. I mix them together and put them at the bait sites each day. We only bring in a 5 gal. pail each day. We do this about 1 month before the hunters are coming to get the bears on a good routine.

Boy good to see people getting pumped for the season, I havent been able to log on for a while due to server problems. I'll be using pastries, grease, liqorice, bear lunch, popcorn, fruitloops, pizza, an I orderd a 55 gal. drum of granola thats mixed with chocolate syrup, candy, creal an stuff, an dog food. A bacon bear ball an bacon spray. I just dont have time to work on the home made version of the ball but I came really close. Boar

I might be wrong, but I think it says in the regs that you can't use any animal remains that contain any bones. I think whole fish would qualify under this reg.

They sure do stink though - and attract every biting insect for about 10 miles around!