• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do I have a charging system?

DTro

Late 80’s Merc 25 with Elec Start

I don’t even get a blip of a change on my voltage from not running to WOT (except a drop when starting).

I’m guessing I should be able to locate a rectifier of some sort. Is it under the flywheel on this one?

I’ve heard that all elec start motors should have a charging system.

It’s not a huge deal as it starts with one pull if I ever did drain my battery, would be nice to utilize it though if it is there.

Voltage regulator and rectifier are pretty much the same thing I thought. When you have a stator under the flywheel and then a black box on the side, that is considered a voltage regulator. If all of it is tucked under the flywheel, I will throw in the term alternator crazy, I think.

I do not know, but it sounds like the Pro's have her under control.

I know for Dtro, it would be a great added feature to charge things while letting the motor run grin

Voltage regulator and rectifier are pretty much the same thing I thought. When you have a stator under the flywheel and then a black box on the side, that is considered a voltage regulator.

That is correct.. you usually have a stator and a rectifier. The rectifier also handles the voltage regulation as well typically.

marine_man