• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Redheads first salmon run

I took my two redheads out to Lake Michigan for their first time this past weekend. Thursdays sunset was a WOW!!!

094040.jpg

094922.jpg

095909.jpg

095804.jpg

Fishing was rather slow, but we had a great time and the wind gods were kind to us most of the time.

I took my two redheads out to Lake Michigan for their first time this past weekend. Thursdays sunset was a WOW!!!

094040.jpg

094922.jpg

095909.jpg

095804.jpg

Fishing was rather slow, but we had a great time and the wind gods were kind to us most of the time.

Dipseys, boards or downriggers? spoons or smelt? nice pics. i hope to make a L.michigan trip this summer. very few salmon in superior

TJ....

I ran four Dipsey's, one with a dodger/spoon combo and the rest were fly/dodgers. Green dipsey, green snubber, green dodger with a crinkle/glow finish and a green/aqua Howie type fly was the hot rod set-up in my boat.

I just picked up four trolling rigs from Cabelas, two 9 footers and two 10.5 footers. They worked pretty well over the weekend, this was my first attempt at salmon fishing from my boat, I'm trying to keep it somewhat simple at this point.

165638.jpg

TJ....

I ran four Dipsey's, one with a dodger/spoon combo and the rest were fly/dodgers. Green dipsey, green snubber, green dodger with a crinkle/glow finish and a green/aqua Howie type fly was the hot rod set-up in my boat.

I just picked up four trolling rigs from Cabelas, two 9 footers and two 10.5 footers. They worked pretty well over the weekend, this was my first attempt at salmon fishing from my boat, I'm trying to keep it somewhat simple at this point.

165638.jpg

ah... another navigator guy. i have the 17.6 console navigator. great boat. nice wide and stable