• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tami's get away

Hi All

Had a great 10 days off grin

Spent the first few days at the cabin. It rain,b ut that was very OK. We got caught up on some very much needed rest. It cleared up on Sunday so spent the day at the beach, north shore style. laugh even got the yak out on the "Big Lake" crazy

077.jpg082.jpg080-1.jpg

Then headed to Ely - but took all back roads . Went up from the cabin to the edge of the BWCA and then then headed west and inland. Was a terriffic time. We where able to kayak a few lakes. Caught 3 eyes, total not enough to feed a 5 yr old crazy

089.jpg091.jpg

Got to Ely Monday Night. We have a friend who is the Excutive Director of Camp Widgi, which is on the far north end of the North Arm of Burntside Lk. We stayed in the Directors cabin Monday through Thurs night. I fished Burntside a few days, caught quite a few rock bass, but couldn't get the eyes to bite.

Donna and I also paddled a few other lakes. Same story, rock bass and smallies but no eyes. I wasn't fishing real serious these days, we where just out enjoying the day and the great outdoors grin

103.jpg119.jpg144.jpg

Second half -

Then July 4 and that weekend, we where meeting a group of friends in Ely to golf some of the great courses up there. We golfed Wildernness at Fortune Bay and The Legends.

126.jpg132.jpg

136.jpg153.jpg

Had an awesome meal at Burntside Lodge.

Here's the group ( minus Al - he was out smoking )and a spectacular sunset. ( this is really what it looked like, no touching up )

150.jpg148.jpg

Tami,

Just so happens that my family and I were having dinner two tables over from your group. We were there for Mom's 60th B-day. Good eats and a terrific sunset!

Which day did you golf Fortune Bay? My dad, two brothers and I played on July 4th.

Didn't do any fishing though. Too many work projects at the cabin. mad

Wellesy

Tami,

Just so happens that my family and I were having dinner two tables over from your group. We were there for Mom's 60th B-day. Good eats and a terrific sunset!

Which day did you golf Fortune Bay? My dad, two brothers and I played on July 4th.

Didn't do any fishing though. Too many work projects at the cabin. mad

Wellesy

Wellesy - to bad we had no idea what each other looks like, its always fun to chat with other FMers.

We played Fortune Bay on Sat. it was beautiful, a great course. And the Legends Sun morning.

Isn't Burntside Lodge wonderful? Where is your cabin ?

Tami, you sound like you had a great time. I have to get up to Burntside Lake sometime, after all my niece and her family have lived their for about 18 years and I have never been there.

I too spent the weekend in Ely. My little girl and I stayed at Wanderer's place with him and Sue. First trip to Ely for the fourth. They sure do a great job with the weekend. Best parade I have seen in years and the fire works were great as well.

Glad to see you had a good time as well. Your pictures are great. Sorry to piggy back on your post. wink

Question... Where did everyone go??? The town was packed on the fourth, but the lakes were empty. Found that kind of strange.