• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When everything fails...Go to Plan "B"

wooduck26

We planned on fishing tursday night, I had to work so my buddy was on Bullhead duty, after getting skunked on Bullheads we decided to buy them at Moores....Nope theyre closed, so we decide to postpone till a later date....then I get a call from him saying lets hit the Mississippi since its getting late, and go buy some suckers instead....so we did. Neither of us had fished cats on the big river before so we went in a bit blind.....we scouted a couple spots just before dark, and made our first stop, it was a fair spot but both of us were anxious to hit spot #2 that looked very promising!.....so off we went after a short 20 min stand. We stopped at spot #2 and he had a fish on within 15 min. Not a big fish by any meands but a start, to the night.

P1010620-1.jpg

We stayed at that spot a bit longer and he had another run, only to swing and miss! Then it was my turn I got a run and low and behold it was game on! again, a small fish but now Im on the board!

P1010621-1.jpg

We stayed there for the rest of the night (till 4am) and had about 6-7 more runs and but never landed the hook frown I had two fish run, and never stop untill they prolly had 40 yds of line out, I set the hook after they stopped only to find half the bait chomped and not a hook in the mouth (Channel Cats?) all in all it was a fun night, not the size we're use to, but a good way to break in some new water! Plus it was my fist time out this year, so it was great to be back on the water!

way to go guys! hitting new waters can be a fun time. it's always a bonus to have a fish on after 15 mins to verify that you actually are in a decent spot! way to adapt to your conditions and go with whatever works, and nice report to boot!

Great report guys!

I think the Miss. this time of year is a "sucker" must. Now that saying can go two ways grin.

I think big live sucker is way to go right now. The bigger the sucker, the bigger the fish.

Keep up the good reports.