• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

senko's wacky style ????

USDA3

I haven't tried the senko's wacky style yet, but have picked some up for an upcoming trip. How are folks weighing them down? Splitshot, weighted hooks....? Or is that defeting the purpose of the wacky rig and the action it provides?

Yep, Flourocarbon line is nice to have as sometimes braid will make the bait float. If you use the strike king 3x zero it will last long even without the O ring.

Ive had problems getting comidas down on braid. Is this normal?

What pound test of braid are you using?? I don't really ever use brain for this type of presentation. I really like using fluorocarbon, it helps the bait sink and it also is invisible under that water. grin

20 lb test to get them outta the docks.

It just seemed that with out a weight they were surface baits they never went down over 2-3 inches

I use 20lb powerpro and comidas sink nice and slow. The one thing I don't like about comidas and docks is that they seem to bounce quite high when skipping them, and the senkos just glide smoothly under docks. Does this happen to anyone else or is this a figment on my imagination? Also does everyone just hook the o-ring or do they hook some of the worm too like I do?

Its too expensive to hook the worm. We had a pretty slow day of fishing yesterday and I still went through about 8 senkos (me and my kid) and about 40 fish total. I could have went through 30 senkos without it...even when my hooks go through the senko by accident they split in half after a few casts or a fish

Sled...what size hook? ps...caught a few bass up on the V with wacky style presentation last weekend...made me think of all those pictures you had last year. Biggest was 18.5" piggie. Thanks - FL Sniper