• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line Class Record Muskie

Hey Guys,

It looks like Lucas Adams, while guiding at Camp Manitou on wednesday caught a possible 8lb. line class world record muskie in esox lake, just south of the manitou stretch. It was 51.5" caught while bass fishing on a pink jig. From what we have found this ties the record, but we can't get ahold of anyone to verify, being a holiday today.

If anyone knows anymore about what the official 8lb. record is let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

I have the pictures but for some reason I can't post them? I did on another fishing site no problem?

Of course it was released, we don't keep any muskies or any other fish of any size anything decent is all released. It's mainly Catch and Release except what you are going to eat.

Is there a simple way to post pics?

Thanks,

I saw the pictures of Lucas and the muskie. Its an impressive fish to say the least. Catch and release is the only way to go, esp on fish of that nature. Let em fight for another day.

Hey Matt,

It looks like you have access to email up at Camp Manitou. Why don't you return some phone calls regarding deposits at Happy Landing??? Sure would be the fair and ethical thing to do - don't you think??

John Lawson

Hey Matt,

It looks like you have access to email up at Camp Manitou. Why don't you return some phone calls regarding deposits at Happy Landing??? Sure would be the fair and ethical thing to do - don't you think??

John Lawson

Thanks so much for sharing

Hi John,

I did return your last phone call and I talked to one of the other guys in your group. I sent out your checks this afternoon. I haven't been in the office for 2 weeks, if that is where you are calling?

I told you a couple weeks ago that I would send you check back once I recieved and insurance check, one came in last thursday and I sent out may and june guests as well as yours. I guess it was unethical to send yours out before the july guests, but I know you really need it - so I sent it.

I will call you tomorrow, I will be in the office and we can touch base.

Matt

well...I dont want to get in the middle...but my brother and I were up there a few weeks back. Between the 2 of us we had a miscommunication and we had no check for our final payment. Matt trusted me to send the check when we got back (hopefully you should have that soon - Matt) and we really appreciated the understanding. having your resort burn down cant be the easiest thing to manage - so I am sure he is doing his best with this...just my 2 cents.

Matt,

Thank you for the reply. Here has been the problem....I have called every number I can and no one returns the phone calls or emails. I did get a message but could not understand much of anything at all. I assume that you called from the lodge and the reception made it impossible to understand. We could make out Happy Landing and 4 boats and walleye and that was all. I have left more than 10 messages so I was feeling ignored for sure. I am terribly sorry about the lodge. We really wanted to fish with you there---otherwise we never would have made the reservation in the first place. But also remember that your insurance company has a relationship with you - not any of us in our group. With the 9 dads and sons in our group - a few felt they could not go to Canada this year unless they received the deposit back. I was left with the task of tracking it down. So thanks for sending the checks as we will be able to make our father/son trip work.

John Lawson

Hi John,

I talked with Pat at Ross' after I got off the phone with you and she has room for your dates. I explained what you were looking for and she is going to try to make something work for you.

I gave her your numbers and e-mail, so she sould contact you soon.

Matt

Hey Mark,

The bass fishing has been very good the past week or so and the big pike are really starting to show up where ever there is emerging weed growth. We are still behind with the cool water and cooler air temps, but it looks like the summer patterns are just around the corner.

The walleye fishing has been fantastic on Straw and Sucan the past few trips also. They are already in a summer pattern, because of the stained shallow water. The water temps over there are already in the mid 70's.

Matt -

Thanks for rubbing it in!

I will be up there next weekend - I wish!

So, did you guys ever verify anything yet with the Muskie?

How are those 2 small lakes doing that we fished for smallies...are they still in there?

Hope the rest of the season goes well.

Mark

Hey Mark,

It looks like the 8lb. line class with the FWFHOF is 61", but we are now checking with the ontario line records.

The bass are only in two spots on phairs, most have moved out with the warming of the water.

If next year is a normal year, you might want to plan about 2 weeks ahead of what you did this year to stay on the same pattern.