• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

double duty sonar

axel grease

axel,

Here's a couple things I do in shallow water to help clear things up. One, center the transducer in the hole. Yes, that creates some fish wrap arounds on the cable, but it does clear the picture up significantly. Two, the closer the transducer hangs to the bottom of the hole, the better the picture.

The clutter you see at the top of the screen is sound returns from the transducer bouncing all of your hole. The amount of "stuff" beyond the bottom is directly proportional to the hardness of the bottom. The harder the bottom, the more stuff you get (also the higher you turn the gain, the more you get). So, that's a good thing. You want to be able to have some clue about bottom content.

Another tip in the weeds. If the fish are dug in, you're not going to see a small bait inside the weed mat no matter what unit you use or how you adjust it. I'll fish a jig stick and clamp decent size split shot (tin ones work the best here) about 2 or 3 feet above my bait. I can find that on the screen. So I now have some reference to where my bait is. And, you'll find that after looking at the screen for a while you can pick out what's a fish in the weeds and what's not.

Congrats on your purchase.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

The 5' zoom feature fixed me right up. It's kinda like looking at um with a microscope.

A buddy of mine told me he's got to have one. I let him use the lx3 for about 3 hours and he was hooked.

Fishing in the shallow water it is hard to distinguish between red and orange. I fished in deeper water orange was a little easier to see. Is there a reason why two colors were used that are similar?
The one fella I went with yesterday was colorblind so he couldn't appreciate the way it showed fish.