• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished Mille Lacs today

Well I said I would post up some results from the fishing today on Mille Lacs. While we had a good day (saw a bunch of fish) it wasn't a great day (didn't land any). We started out on the north end at 0500 this morning. Had a smallish muskie follow up not long after we started. Caught a northern as well. Both of those came on a Suick. That was all for the north end. Motored our way down to the south end of the lake and started fishing rock reefs. Only thing that the rocks produced was a follow by a smallmouth and a big walleye. The walleye followed and tried to kill a 10 inch Manta. Finally gave up on the rocks and sought out the weeds. Once we found the weeds, we found the fish. In all we saw 10 fish and had one hookup that didn't work out. Basically everything was working......we raised fish on Eagletails, Suicks, HellHounds, and Lifelike Perch. Biggest fish that we got up to the boat was pushing the 47-48" mark. Even with the wind out of the north the lake was pretty calm. Running all the way from the south end to the north end was actually a nice ride......and you can't say that very often on the Big Pond. Looking forward to getting out there again! whistle

Thanks for the report Bret! At least you are seeing fish, so not that all bad. How was the traffic on the lake? A lot of standers (muskie fishermen) out there? I'll be hitting Mille Lacs hard starting in a couple weeks like the rest.

I was really surprsied at the amount of traffic on the lake. It was minimal at best!! We saw a couple of guys punching skies, but the majority were fishing eyes (unless they were jigging for muskies). 7 and 8 mile flat were covered with walleye guys and that is where we saw most of the boats. We got off the lake at 1230, so they muskie guys might have come out later...........