• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Limit Creek rod question

snoozebutton

I've been thinking about getting a couple of Limit Creek casting rods (LCC66MHF) for walleye trolling. Anyone use these and what about planer boards with them? Do they have enough back bone for something like that?

Thanks in advance!!!

I would go longer. I like 7'6" to 8'6" rods for boards and have gone mostly to telescoping rods for storage purposes. Gander Mountain has a nice board rod for a good price and a over the counter return policy.

Im sure limit creek has some longer trolling rods. Ill check them out.

I've been thinking about getting a couple of Limit Creek casting rods (LCC66MHF) for walleye trolling. Anyone use these and what about planer boards with them? Do they have enough back bone for something like that?

Thanks in advance!!!

\

I have two and love them. Use them for trolling all the time. One has a line counter with Leadcore on it and the other a line counter with power pro. Quite simply a great rod for trolling. I don't use planer's but I'm sure they would work out great. Turk is a great guide and heck of a guy. Just another reason I llike to buy is rods, but you are getting a great quality rod at the same time. The only long rod they make is a medium light, don't know if that would work or not for planer but that is a great rod as well and the next one I'm adding to my assortment. I also have a smoothie and love that rod.

Thanks Northlander and Sandmannd and as for a longer rod, that'll have to wait. (At least that's what my wife says and she's in charge of the money.) From what I've heard, these are pretty nice rods and the price is right too.

If you want a longer rod for trolling, there are many much cheaper options, great sensetivity is not a necessity, when using superlines you can still see the rod tip vibrate, and when the rod bends over, you have a fish...

I just purchased a 8' Mr. Walleye Trolling rod and a Daiwa line counter for under $100...

Limit Creek does have an 8ft 6" telescoping rod that is perfect for rigging - I use it all the time. I don't pull boards though. Go to Turk's HSOforum and ask him for his suggestions via email. He's a great guy.

Limit Creek does have an 8ft 6" telescoping rod that is perfect for rigging - I use it all the time. I don't pull boards though. Go to Turk's HSOforum and ask him for his suggestions via email. He's a great guy.

Yep, that's gonna be my next one. Been with Walli1 when he uses it and it's a great rod.