• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Line

jegerjack

I am still not sold on one type of line over the other, what is everyone's favorite line and test of eye's? I find my self just staring at the shelve at Gander when I try to decide....

JegerJack

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

Jeger
I also am not sold on all the different kinds of line. I have all ways had my best luck with plain old Trilene XL and until it fails that is what I will use. I very seldom will go heavier than 4 lb every great once in a while I will go to 6 never more. I have iced many 6 plus pound fish on the 4 lb test and have a 10 lber on the wall from 4 lb test, just go slow and be careful, hope this helps

There are many different types of line for different applications. During ice fishing season I do a lot of jigging as do most people so I look for a line with low memory and low stretch. You want low memory so your line does not get all twisted up and tangled up in the reel and you want low stretch so you can feel the slightest of bites. There are many different lines that offer this it is what ever product you have the most confidence in, personally I do not like Berkley products but that is just my opinion power pro ice is one of my favorites.