• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So...... How's the fishing?

hip_hop_fisherman

How's everybody been fairing this year? Whats the biggest fish you've pulled in so far? I've been out quit a few times the last month or so without much succes (my biggest fish being about a 3lb Northern). I haven't been able to run into any 'eyes yet. I've been having some success with the crappies, but seems like when I find them its a chore to get them to bite. I've been doing a lot of lake hoping. (whats your opinion on that? do you like to fish one particular body of water and try and find fish, or do you hop from like to lake as I do, trying your own "hot spots" you've had in the past?) I'm not really looking for any information, just trying to see how you all are doing out there and maybe sparking a little conversation.

I'd say average. We had shady weather so I didn't get out as early as I wanted. But I have caught some here and there. A couple over 20" and a few under. But I don't go as much as I want to. Talking walter action.

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 01-12-2004).]

I have picked up a 5#2oz and 3#13oz Northern while fishing crappies on 2# test and ultra light gear. That was a blast but the crappies I have taken have all been less than a pound. Took a night trip to the east side of dead sea last Friday night and only picked up 2 small eelpout. All the guys we ran into said it has been really poor for eyes last week.

I'm new to ice fishing this year. I've been to 4 lakes so far this season. No bites on the first 3. This last Sat I went to my 4th one and finally got some action. I had a nice northern break my line on my rattle wheel and caught a small crappie.

I was excited to finally get some action. I love this sport.

lots of eyes 15 - 23in. on tipups toward and after dark in 4-5 ft. of water. small eyes jigging during the day. catching crappies and blue gill in 22ft. of water last 2 days on swedish pimple drop chain and spikes/waxies and minnow heads. lincoln county ,wi.

------------------

hey there!!!!! my biggest fish of the year so far has been a 43 inch pike....C/R of course...ive also gotten a couple 15 and a half inch crappies and several walleye over 26 inches....i dont like to go lake hoppin; for i live on upper red lake so i pretty much stay on this lake .. so im constintly trying to find fish....
good fishing
SCOUT I.B.O.T #234

------------------
www.bearpawguides.com

It's been decent, so far fishing exclusively here in the cities. Have done very well with the gills and crappies, as well as some pike(biggest being around 4lb) and have only went after the eyes once(caught 4). It's been good so far, although i got skunked for the first time the other day, that's always a bummer.

I haven't done very well on crappie. Several days that we went out we were skunked. Early season however we were bringing home our limit almost every night. No walleyes yet. Done very well on northerns though. Several in the 7-10 pound range. Did ok today though, 7lb northern, half a limit of crappie and 1 good perch.

Andy