• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild get Zidlicky and Brunette

Wookiee

Our prayers have been answered...Craig Weller. His 11 points in 59 games last year is just what we need in our now offensive minded Wild!! Good thing we locked him in on a two year deal too.

Do all our local teams have to find the proverbial diamond in the rough?!?! It's always..."great scouting". wink

I hated to see Brunette go in the first place. It's disappointing to see Rolston go, but more power to him for getting that kind of money towards the tail end of his career. The Wild will not be better than last year with the small additions they've made and the losses of Rolston and most likely Dimetra, so they should seriously look to trade Gabby for some quality youngsters and call it a rebuilding year.

Weller's 11 last year look stellar next to the late seasons block buster acquisition of Chris Simon and his 3!

Unless some players come in from the minors and light it up they need to find some up front scoring.

Wild resign Foster to a one year deal worth $1.025 million.

Sources say the Wild made a "huge contract offer" to Marian Hossa yesterday and waited all day on him. It was later confirmed by the organization. I was hoping they would land him.

The Wild have made offers to Markus Naslund and Kristian Huselius and are now waiting. So there is your wingers but nothing on the front of a center.

Hossa signed a one year deal with Detroit for about the same money the Pens offered in a multiyear deal. Not sure what the Wild offered but what is this guy thinking? Maybe he wants to get the Cup and then maybe not play NHL no more? Maybe he has sights on that new league. Wild also lost Voros and Fedoruk. I think Demitra is next to sign elsewhere. Team will look very different next season. Riser really messed up with Rolston, but then again we made him a good offer and he still went elsewhere. I think if the Wild don't do any better next season Riser might be out along with Jacque. Us fans can't take it anymore with all the support we give that team.

You have to wonder what free agents are thinking when the Wild approaches them. It was in the Trib that the Wild offered $8 million a year to Hossa. Does managements moves or lack there of down the stretch come into play? Is it our style of play and they feel they will be restricted like Gabby has said for years? All the visiting players say that our building and fans are great to play in front of so then why is Columbus able to land pretty good named players? Besides the fact that they are throwing alot of money at them but do they seriously think Columbus is going to be a winner? I don't get it. Maybe it's just me.

Another case in point Kristian Huselius signs with Columbus!! Geez. Lets see what Markus Naslund does.

Good questions......getting beat by Colombus in the free-agency market is a great question.

I realize its the Lemaire style, built on defense and poke-checking forwards, but we need a lamp-lighter other than Gaborik. PM Bouchard does well, but lacks the physical stature needed in today's game. Demitra has not lived up to his billing really.

Look at the power play, first it was Parrish (undersized) in front, than it was Fedoruk and even Boogaard at times! Really, we need a skilled physical presence in front of the net. Plus, we need a pointman to run the PP other than sididng a defenseman over like Burns. I realize guys like Sakic and Modano are future HOFers, but someone along those lines to run the PP would be nice.

Oh yeah, a guy that can convert on the overtime shoot-outs would help too! I realize Rolston had a gun, but to use that as your bread and butter shoot-out move? Leaves me guessing....

Cjac has it right. Lemaire's style hurts our ability to sign top goal scorers. Riser did miss it with Rolston. He should never have let him become a UFA. I think he reached with Owen Nolan. Solid player... I just wish it was the Owen of 1999 and not 2008. The defensive additions were pretty solid. Should increase scoring from the blueliners some. Lets just hope we can pull off a trade for a high quality center. We will be depending a great deal on some of the young guys like Puliot to contribute....

I didn't mind seeing Rolston go. In the age of a salary cap $5M/year is a lot for a guy his age. If he has 3 productive years in New Jersey he'll be worth it.

I did like the fact they were trying to get Jokinen from FL. I think he would have been a great addition. Need some new guys to step up.

Stephane Veilleux was placed on waivers. I hope he doesn't get claimed and signs else where. Chances have to be good he will. Wild are hoping that Stephane realizes he's not worth what he thinks he is. Someone will throw money his way. We can't afford to lose his energy. He had a career year last year in goals. When is the bleeding going to stop? Next big question mark is PMB. Going to be a tough tough year!!