• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thirteen hours, 100 miles . . . satisfaction

It was a long day. But it was a good day. gringrin

All with the Canon 30D, handheld, and Canon 17-40 f4L, 100 f2.8 macro and 400 f5.6L, iso from 125 to 400, shutters from 1/20 to 1/2000, apertures from f2.8 to f16, snapper with 430EX flash with high-speed sync and -1 in-flash exposure compensation.

2629509385_852a703ac4_o.jpg

2630327590_2d58389c7f_o.jpg

2629506287_4648c013e3_o.jpg

2629505517_c5bdbfe146_o.jpg

2629503659_4e41178c4f_o.jpg

2629502557_c6c0c79807_o.jpg

2630321934_6a1e277e1d_o.jpg

2630321212_7c3eca49ff_o.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Something very visual pleasing about image #2. I like it.

I like the turtle shot too.

All very impressive... as usual.

Something about image #4 though. It seems like it is just on this side of spectacular. Not sure what it is though. Might be worth revisiting.

Please don't take offense, the image is wonderful as is.... just seems like with the addition of one more element, whether it be movement, angle, composition, or the introduction of a sunrise or sunset, it would be just gorgeous. A true gallery image for sure.... I could be wrong too, something about the photo seems to be missing (I feel this way about most of mine).

I hope I haven't crossed a line with my suggestion. Especially since you didn't request a critique. My apologies if my comments offended. (post or not to post????..... I'll chance it with post.)

Awesome series!!

Oh golly, pickinupafew. There's no offense taken. We generally don't offer critiques unless someone requests them, because most folks here just like to share their pics.

That being said, as far as I'm concerned, any image I post as a professional photographer and moderator here is fair game whether I ask for C&C or not.

I don't much care for image No. 4 myself. If I had to rank this series, it would be in the lower half. It's not bad, but it's not great, either. I think you are dead on.

If I had to rank my own lupine images in this thread, I'd rank that one last. I like the horizontal of the slanted lupines best, followed closely by the client shooting lupines (hand of man can be neat), with the other slanted lupine comp third. The horizontal image you see as lacking an element or two, IMO, lacks space on top. There was a road running through the top of the image, which I cropped to eliminate. Had there been more flowers extending upward into the distance, it would have been a better image.

Does that make sense to you?

Sorry Steve... should have chosen to not post.

It's just that I get so excited to view your images. I am very envious of your home location. I have always been extremely impressed with your work. Especially fond of the black wolf you posted a little bit ago. I would have loved to be in your photographic position at that point in time.

Still, I get excited when I see the potential in the image I pointed out. I guess since it is a much more pleasant home environment than my 'hood.

My apologies on the unsolicited critique. I guess I am just living somewhat vicariously through your images that are always top notch.

Again, I stress no ill will. I have absorbed a great deal of info from your posts here.

p.s. dang, I new I should have chosen 'don't post'!!!

Wow, Steve! Great work! That rookery shot is something you don't see everyday up here. They're around, but getting that angle was sumthin' else! The bottom lupine is the best of the flower shots IMHO.

How'd you ever get the snapper to slow down enough for a shot? grin

Steve, they're all super shots, crisp, clean and razor sharp!

I like each and every one of them. It would be difficult to pick a favorite.

You oNLY had to put on 100 miles to get these results? I bet your guests would do that everyday for outcomes like that! wink

I'm with Ken on the Lupine, the last one is picture perfect. You have high potential for sports and fast moving action with that turtle shot grin