• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new purchase.

Well where to begin. After seeing all the sweet pictures in this forum. I decided and went through with, and bought my wife (and me) the Rebel XSI. This digital thing is completely new to me and her, so I will be looking for some advise or articles to read in the near future. That is when I figure out how to turn it on. Its like a little nuclear reactor. I just want to say thanks to you guys who post good infomation what what you think or what you have dealt with, it made the purchase easier. thanks again. there will be pictures soon to follow.

Congrats to both of you! Enjoy and have fun over the coming holiday, lots of good picture opportunities. Ask if you need help, lots of experience and knowledge on this forum.

Definitely!!! There are no dumb questions here. Often, for me, some of the questions that are posted here are very helpful reminders.

Canon has an awesome line of hardware and glass. You should feel very confident in your investment.

Remember, learning is half of the fun!!

Congrats from this corner as well! Just one thing I learned the hard way, and I've heard it said many times since then, be patient with your new purchase! Don't expect the camera to do all the work even if it has a lot of bells and whistles. The first two weeks after I had my first dslr, the only thing I could think was "how am I going to justify spending that much money when it doesn't take pictures as good as my point and shoot?" There is a learning curve and you'll be pleased with yourself and the camera when you learn to make it work for you. It's a great tool, and it will make you a better photographer as you hone your skills! Enjoy!