• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas crankbaits

I don't own any myself but have fished with guys that have some of the walleye runners. I've heard a few guys that insist they're great ........ but we did better with reef runners.

I have had to tune them much more often than other brands and they dont seem to hold tune as long either. The shad styles are k but the banana shaped ones dont seem to dive as deep as they should and the action on certain ones isnt very good. Overall for the cost I find them about a B- to C. I still prefer RR's but they can also be a beast to keep tunes at times.

The one good thing is I have found Cabelas customer service to be top notch.

I agree with mike on the jointed model, you have to run them fast. The price makes them my go to bait when trolling up steep cliffs on grabby reefs. I check the tune on all my baits before they get a ride and never find it hard to dial in most lures, but then there is an occasional one that no matter what you do it doesn't track. I can't say if I've noticed more of these with terminal spin than any other brand.

I actually like a lure to run to one side to add seperation to my spread, but they can't roll out and can't be stacked in a big spread without risk of a huge tangle.

I like a loud rattle and these have them. The hooks are as good as Rapalas, but could be beefed up like Yo Zuri's. Lots of good colors but few that give off real mirror like flash. Hans

Cabelas had the Real image plus baits on sale for under 2$ so I bought a bunch for the kids. They think they are great and when they lose them it doesn't bother me near as much as when the loose a $5 shad rap. I have not used them but last time we went out he outfished my shad rap with the cabelas lure. The glass blue shad is his go to color.