• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Totem Resorts - Wiley Point Lodge Fishing Report 6/21-6/26

Had a great time like always. Headed up to International Falls Friday Evening to stay overnight there so we could cross the border into Canada on Saturday morning (Musky Opener) when it would be less busy. We fished half day Saturday then Full day with a guide Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We then fished our way back to the main lodge in Sioux Narrows on Thursday night. We caught lots of fish including 8 muskies between 4 guys and 2 boats many northerns biggest were 38.5, 39, 40, 41 and 43" many others in the mid 30's. All muskies we caught were still in cabbage bays up in 3-4' of water and they were really following a lot. In one day we saw over 20 muskies follow in one boat. I personally caught 3 out of 8 of the muskies a 25", 44" and 48" we also caught lots of fish in the 30" range. All of my 3 were caught a back and orange Rad Dog Spinnerbait with a chartreuse blade and a lime green double twister tail. Many other fish like the 43" northern were caught on a lime green bucktail with a lime and silver Indiana blade. These seemed to be the 2 hottest lures and of course we only had one of each of them. The walleyes were not hitting the greatest but we managed our shore lunch each day and got some to bring back on the last day. We stopped at an island on the way back off of a rocky point where we got lots of big fish.. I got a 22" eye my dad got a 21" and many others in the upper teens. All the walleyes we caught were on gradual sloping rocky points or humps. We also caught lots of northerns while walleye fishing so thats a sign they are starting to move out to rocky areas. Overall it was our best trip ever as far as fishing and weather as we only had rain there for probably an hour total which almost never happens.

Can't wait until next year!

Ryan

Here are some pictures (lots of pictures)

nice walleye

DSC01001.jpg

21" walleye

DSC01064.jpg

38.5" northern

DSC01053.jpg

39" northern

DSCN0063.jpg

41" northern

DSC01019.jpg

43" northern

DSCN0072.jpg

38" beat up from spawn musky

DSCN0046.jpg

another 38"

DSC00994.jpg

good looking 44"

DSC01040.jpg

Nice 48" right at sunset!

DSCN0060.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures what a great week!