• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kicker motor -- What shall I look at?

slimerg0d

Just better control. With one sock off the bow usually as you turn it will swing to the other side of the boat and pull you a bit of course. Depending on how long of a lead and how large of a bag you pull this can be a bit of a headache especially in windy conditions. Much less on an issue with the two bad system with basicaly no rope/lead. I usually backtroll when pulling spinners on bouncers. But if you pull them on boards this is a nice tactic.

The one Borch talks of is a lot like the Amish system I talk of. 2 small socks mounted up front under the boat and tied to the bow clip. Way better boat control and keeps the pulling to 1 side or another way down. Probably the best forward trolling sock design I have seen.