• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to Grindstone this week. My aunt and uncle live on the lake. I've fished this lake numerous times and almost always get skunked on the walleye. I can find the rock and smallmouth bass no problem. If anybody has any hints, I would love to show my uncle some tips and tricks. Thanks...

Andy

Well I guess nobody had any suggestions. That's alright... I personally only caught rock bass and smallies, but my 3 and 4 year old got into the walleyes pretty good. The largest being 20.5". My 3 year old caught it and it was a pig. The fish was to much for him to reel in on his superman pole so he had to hand it off to me. He is still talkin' about it. Tried many tacticts planerboard, trolling, casting and bobbers. Slip bobbers out produced all of them. Headin' back up next week to a different lake. Can't wait.....

Sorry Andy, I saw your thread but I don't know enough about the lake to offer any good advice. I know there's a good number of large walleyes in the lake but both times I've fished it it's bee bass and small walleyes and not very many.

Andy I apologize for not seeing this earlier. I am glad the young ones had fun. Are you going up again anytime?The center Bar is good for eyes in the evenings fishing the drop offs also Sheffield, Kentucky and the bottle bar also produce eyes.