• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading down to Okoboji for the holiday weekend and plan on doing some fishing. It has been about a decade since I have fishing down there. I wasn't sure, but was wondering if you can use two lines? Will be fishing pretty much west okoboji so any tip or locations would be great to hear about!

Yes you can run 2 lines but good luck fishing West O on the 4th weekend. It will be bumper boats out there. Best bet is fish late nights or sun up till 10 am or so. The boat traffic will make the lake unfishable once the pleasure boaters and drunks get up and going. If its nice out there will be a few hundred boats out churning up the water. Might look at fishing Spirit during the day, not sure on whats biting where but at least its not over run by pleasure craft.

i agree with esox. fish spirit during the day. try trolling outside the weed line in 12 to 14 feet of water or cast husky jerk-baits over the weeds in 8 to 10. you could also head out into the basin and pull lead.

Im not sure they would even let those people into the zoo. we have all but given up fishing west lake in the summer. Unless its very early in the morning or raining. but sometimes rain doesn't even stop them which makes their pleasure boating very unpleasant.

I fish West almost every weekend except the weekends of the 3 main summer holidays. Helps having 12oz lures with 7/0 hooks grin I'll be on Spirit wind permitting this weekend either pulling bouncers or lead and cranks, muskies are on the back burner for a weekend.