• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcaster Knob Controls

BassProAddict

for pitching I like the small knob thats right next to the star drag to be very loose but the magnets way up this works for me. when you are pitching roll the rod so the reel is almost upside down and id say i start with the rod tip about 35degree down from straight out and when you softly let the bait swing from your hand make a real smooth arc.

To get rid of the splash you have to get the bait to stay really close to the water and you have to slow it down befor it hits its all about hitting the water really gradually.

one more tip if you are haveing issues with a baitcaster try takeing some line off the more weight thats on the spool the more its going to want to spin and keep spinning even after it hits the water

When the cast control knob is loose, it's basically a loose spool. The bird nesting will come at the initial cast or when the lure hits the water and the spool is still spinning. Thumb to save your life. You have to learn how to ease the initial spool release and and feather down when the lure gets close to the water.

I've only set the brakes on zero when I'm not casting for distance and using a 1/8 - 3/16 oz lure. Might just be because of the cheap baitcaster I'm using and the spool doesn't spin that well anyway.

It gives you a free spool basically but with the magnets turned way up it seems to help with the nests i was getting when the bait hit the water but you still have to be feathering the spool with your thumb. and yes a long rod is nice to have i fish a 7'3" and it seems about perfect but just remember no two people have their baitcasters set up exactly the same just keep playing around with it