• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bucktail Rod

Griggs

I have a new Medium Heavy 7' IM8 Gander rod just sitting at my house and haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Its not the oversized Muskie version that has the big eyelets and big handle but its a fairly stiff rod. I'm wondering if I could make that a bucktail rod that could dub as a jig rod for bass fishing, there could be a line weight problem there but we'll see.

Just lookin for some opinions, thanks!

Its the Pro Series IM8 1/2 to 3 oz. Handles small bucktails ok but seems a little light to throw say a Hellhound on. That combo will be soon posted in the classifieds since I seldome throw small baits anymore.

Sounds like the same one I have, I still haven't used it so I can always exchange it for something else. Hmmm... The problem is, if I don't use it as a bass rod too, I might need a new reel, which won't be real popular with the lady =)