• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Small Maple Trees

Ryan Berger

While it was pouring and hailing out yesterday I noticed my gutters were not draining. I went out and could see small trees growing in my gutters. I went up on the roof and there were at least 400 small maple trees growing in my gutters,, anybody think that they would be worth replanting or maybe somone wants a couple 4" tall trees....

Odds are they are either Silver Maples, Norways or the dreaded Amurs. If Amur Maple please dispose of immediately, last I heard was they were about to be listed as invasive in MN.

But Silver Maples might be worth a try in the garden if you have a place to put them when they get larger. Silvers grow fast and will get huge within 10 years.