• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish locator

dairyman

Being unfamiliar with current features of a locator, what are the most important features to look for? I know a little about the side imaging; I think I would deal with a b/w old unit until I could afford side imaging. I don't think I would get a Lowrance though. I have an Expedition C for ice fishing and I could list about a dozen things I would change on that unit.

No problems here either, I just got my 334c replaced for free 4 month passed warranty! Lookin4fish, could you share your bad exprience?
How and who did you talk to to get it replaced for nothing? They charged me $200. It is a known fact that these units were trouble right from the start. I unfortunately had to buy one of the first ones on the shelf and find out the hard way. I tried quite a few times to get thru on the phone...no luck. That right there tells me the Cust Service sucks. I tried various outdoors stores to see if they could help, but all anyone gave me was the phone number which obviously was only good for axx-wipe. I have the 334c IGPS and I know it's the last Lowrance I'll ever buy.

I got the 332c back in the spring of 2005 and it is an awesome unit. It has the separate GPS receiver that I have mounted on the bow of the boat. I use it in MN with my Lakemaster chip and I use it on Lake Michigan for salmon with my Navionics chip. Like I said, I wouldn't be without it. If I were buying one today, I would definitely stay with Lowrance, something in the 500 series. But I don't like the integrated GPS antenna, not so much because of trouble, but because I can mount the external unit anywhere around the boat for best reception. I also move the Lakemaster chip into my Expedition C handheld for ice fishing, or if I'm fishing with a buddy in his boat.

[Along came a Humminbird 957c for under $500 and I jumped on it. Man this thing has a lot of bang for the buck. Even at full price.]

Hey! Where you find 'dat for $500 smackers? All I see is $1200, $1299 at MG. You get a refurbed unit? Or did you have to buy the $300 transducer and $400 GPS receiver separately?