• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

July Challenge - Water Activities

What wonderful pictures this month - looks like everyone is having fun! Thank you all for sharing - we may need to pull this thread up again in say February, to help us remember why we stay in this wonderful state smile

I actually had trouble picking a favorite this month - we spent a week camping with our kids and grandkids at McKinley Park on Lake Vermillion. I have lots of shots splashing in the water, climbing on the rocks in the water, etc. None are "spectacular" - all hold great memories.

One of the favorite activities all week was catching/examining rusty crayfish. We even did a little educating the kids on this invasive, non-native species. This shot is a morning crayfish excursion...

Canon 30D, 82 mm, 1/60, ISO 100, f/8.0, handheld

IMG_1699.jpg

Lake Superior clear....

View of the rocks the kids were collecting and throwing at the 'big' lake, always a favorite for them. Silver City, MI.

d9d654f9.jpg

Nikon D50 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D AF @f5.6 iso250 1/125s

I thought this month was gonna be easy. Wrong again, though most of you make it look that way.

Didn't come up with a great photo, so I put one up of a great time. Our annual "Root Beer Float" on the upper St. Croix River.

DSC01662.jpg

Agreed, we have a cabin north of Grantsburg. The river up there is always inviting.

Where in Oakdale do you live? We are off Hadley & 50th, across from the new fire hall.

Here is mine. Waited until yesterday to shoot it. Tubing on South Center for the family get together. My cousin and his fiance were on the tube and she got the sore end of the ride.

FACEPLANT!!!

2709288754_496cedc5f0_b.jpg

Shot with the Digital Rebel and a 24-70 2.8L @ 70mm.

Tom, fess up. You were piloting the boat and you planned to dump her. All for the sake of one monthly challenge photo. You are a callous dude! gringringrin

Just ribbin ya, buddy. gringrin

Hope her face has time to heal before the wedding. It's amazing how hard water can be when you hit it at any speed. Ouch! I just photographed one in which the groom dove into the shallow end of a swimming pool the night before the wedding, and even three weeks later at the second reception/wedding dance had a few scars to prove it. Can you say photoshop? shockedshocked

She survived plenty well. And no worries, they just got engaged a couple weeks ago so it will be a while before the wedding. Just for fun, here are the next two from the sequence.

Flip, Splash, Glug...

2708474017_7b3c91d062.jpg

"You don't even know how much water I just swallowed!"

(sorry hunny, but yeah we do grin)

2709290846_c6bc7a37fa.jpg

No face planting here but I still think this could be classified as water activity. Picture is at King William Narrows at Crane Lake. Subject is my wife of 31 years, I call her my bright spot. april08159.jpg

Photo is unedited point and shoot, any suggestions on editing, etc would not be unwelcome.

My 3 year old daughter "Caitlin" in the middle, taking her first tubing ride with her friends Katherine (left) and Abbey (right) at my friend Stans cabin. She lasted for quite a while, I was impressed.

101028631.jpg