• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kind of night light do you use?

Boss Hogg

I would like to hear from people out there as to what kind of light you use while on the ice or in the shack. I have used candles, battery lights, gas lanterns etc. The best thing for light is probably the ole gas mantle Coleman. But I am tired of taking it out, and then try to tie new mantles on with a mini mag in my teeth, with the wind blowing up my back. There must be a better way.

I use the coleman 2 mantle light for my main source. I also bought a Princeton Tech light last year which is a head mounted lamp. its great for tying jigs, changing fuel bottles, or lighting the way when its time to tear down and I've put out the coleman. Its plenty bright and the beam is adjustable. I purchased it off of the ice fishing link above. Bill

I use a cheap flourescent light that I got at an auto parts store. It has alligator clips and a cig lighter adaptor. It's tied to the inside of my Otter Lodge and I have a battery secured into the corner of the sled. Perfect light, not too much, not too little. Works great for recharging glow lures!!

I have a explorer that I hooked 12 volt lights up to on the poles, and a keep a deep cycle in the sled. Two little clips, and you got more than enough light.