• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curious George braided line question

Cooter

Anyone know appox how many single stands of line comprise a braided line? Say, for a 6lb diam 30lb line or a 20lb diam 80lb? Just letting the monkey side of me out! Thanks, later.

Sorry cooter but I don't know. I do know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop sucker. 693...in case you were wondering. Good question though. I'm anxious to see the results. I'm guessing it differs by brands as well so maybe you want to be brand specific? 6lb fireline...6lb power pro...

Before going blind I gave up on trying to get a strand count on that 80lb Sufix. With a microscope it wouldn't be too hard. I was able to get the line somewhat separated and would guess around 8 strands. Might be easier to try dropping one of the companies an email.