• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Packers! Packers!...

"If the Vikes had kicked the field goal in their last game instead of going for the TD"
Actually this may or may not be true, the game most likely would have gone to overtime all things being equal.
Instead of AZ scoring being
3-3-6-6
It would have been 3-3-7-7 which =20
the vikes had 17 points + 3=20.
My little brother tried to argue this with me and for the life of me i don't understand why.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to put my 2 cents in here. Lifelong purple fan. Dont worry packer backers if we REAL Viking fans can make it thru the last few years the Sherrif was in town we can make it thru ANYTHING. A few ponts..How can you cheeseheads be so ignorant a fan of the game of football to not notice if some part of the team is lacking? ie: we dont complain about the defense or the coaching. You can be a fan and still not be happy with everything about the team. Yes Favre has been a hall of fame Q.B over the years but obviously is on the downside of his career, and he is all the pack ever has for hope,(still dont know what he was thinking on that last pick) Yes Daunte needs to become better at the mental part of the game but I challenge you to name a more physically talented Q.B. Then theres Moss...who are the packers recievers again?? Look a season or two down the road--Favre retires,the pack have nothing. Daunte figuires things out, Moss realizes with direct tv every game can be seen nationally, the defense adds some bigtime players. and our huge O-line has that cheesehead Bennet running behind them for T.D's Face it, The future is way brighter for the purple smile.gif One question I allways like to ask cheeseheads is if Green bay is so great how come you dont go over there and live?---while your at it maybe you could start up a Fishing Wisconsin HSOforum to talk up the pack and pray to the allmighty Favre at wink.gif

I'm glad the Packers have finally been eliminated, Farves (notice the spelling, this right the way to spell it) thumb can finally get a rest. Joe Buck is a terrible announcer, just like his father (who hated the Twins by the way). And bandwagon fans are the best fans around, they bring the excitement back to a city when a team does well.

At the 2:30 mark, 4th and 1, do you punt in a playoff game? Ahman Green already had over 150 yds, he woulda made it. Then to top it off the Eagles pick up 20 down the middle on 1st down. Sorry, can't lay this one on Brett.

------------------
IceNutt...GBR!

I don't believe what I'm hearing. Farve this and Farve that, like he's the big stud of the team. There is ONE guy on the Packers squad who single handedly carried his whole team through the season from day one. And it wasn't Mr. Farve.

#30 will be my first pick in Fantasy Football next year.

Should #4 be called "Bret Culpepper" or "Donte Farve". The only thing that surprised me by that last pass is that it was not done by a purple jersey!!

I am sure, and I've been saying this since the loss at Arizona, that the Purple will be in a SB before the Pack!

The difference between a Packer fan and a Viking fan is that the Viking fans know why our team sucks. The Packers always try and make excuses.

And about the band wagon. Don't give me any of that "we always support our team." A couple years ago when Moss absolutely destroyed the Pack at Lambau, the place was almost empty by the end of the game.

Skol Vikings!

As for the note about Favre not getting a Super Bowl Ring...........1996.

Go Vikes...........next year maybe you'll get the #1 Pick in the Draft!!!!!!!
They are the team you love to hate.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

Hey lets face it guys as long as we have Shrek as a coach and Dumpy as qb were not going to go anywhere. Shrek showed again that he can't coach, anyone else that has all that talent would have a ring on there finger for the last 2 years. And he can't even see that Dumpy just can't throw the ball, I've seen high school QB's throw with more accuracy and strength. So looks like I will be laughing at them again. Maybe we can chear for the Twins this year?

"Dumpy"??? Come on, he was the only QB that could overthrow Moss when they first hooked up together. I don't know what his problem is now but he is a strong QB. But you're right, his accuracy is going downhill.

As far as accuracy its a two way street how many times does the average fan say "bad throw" when it very well could have been the recievers fault for not running the right route or not being where he was supposed to be. Sure hes had some bad throws but look at his Q.B rating this year---how do you argue with the stats that say he was the most accurate passer over the whole season? Favre had way more bad throws this year and hes going to the hall. and arm strength?? who have you been watching? I remember one game this year that Phil Simms was broadcating-- it was a broken play, Daunte scrambles out of the pocket and throws the ball 70+ yard in the air of his back foot. Simms said in all his years as a player or announcer hes never seen a throw that strong. Its common knowledge in the NFL he has the strongest arm. Oh yea, and I'd like to see you get out from behind your keyboard and go to an autograph signing or something and call him "Dumpy" to his face tongue.gif

Iron Cowboy, I agree, I just think he needs some more experience to be able to make those split second decisions that a great QB can make. This is one of Brett Farve's best strenghts as a QB IMHO, and the reason he deserves the Hall of Fame.

No basis? Let me say: 4th and 26! In a playoff game!
Time to give Akers the keys to the city...it's so awesome to live, work and play in MINNESOTA and watch the limburger ROT in the playoffs!
About time blind luck ran out on Favre throwing the ball up like a teenager playing a game of 500 in the parking lot.
The best though was watching Milli and Vanilli get burned on that 4th and 26 completion!

MNice; I am fishing. I'm fishing for people that take their football WAY too seriously. This is more fun than watching the vexilar go from thin green to bright fat red!

I would have been fishing yesterday during the game, but there was as sick kid at home and I would have felt WAY too guilty going out without him.

Don't forget to have some fun!!

Did you hear about the new WI DWI policy?

First offense you get a ticket to the Green Bay Packers game

Second offense you have to go! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Who won the 03-04 opener at Lumbo? grin.gif

Nuff said Now slowly back away from the remote and pick up a fishing pole and step outside slowly and go fishing.
Football robs people of good fishing time.
Im glad its over for the cheese and the queens.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)